Recent content by Kihmbar

1. K

WP Casualties vs Armed, Unarmored Vehicle

Thanks. Sorry for the repeat - I ran a search but couldn't find an answer.
  2. K

WP Casualties vs Armed, Unarmored Vehicle

Situation: During Prep Fire a US 60* mortar fires WP and hits the hex containing a 3.7cm FlaK LKW [German Vehicle Note 92]. Being unarmored, the crew is exposed and takes a NMC, failing with an 11 DR. Question: What happens to the vehicle crew? Possible Answers: A. Crew breaks [D5.1] -...
  3. K

Encirclement and Concealment

Does a concealed unit lose concealment when it becomes encircled? Here's the situation: A concealed unit has enemy units on either side of it. They fire with sufficient firepower (taking concealment into account) to encircle the unit per A7.7. However, the actual DRs do not strip...
  4. K

First Timer ASLOK AAR

This was my first year to ASLOK. Though I have been to other tournaments regularly since 2000, this was my first time running with the big dogs. I ended up 5-3 for the long weekend. Eight games is more than I’ve ever played at a tournament, but I had an early start on Wednesday. I will...
  5. K

Bridge Rout Question - Pegasus Bridge

Where would a unit in hex Y19 rout to if there is a known enemy unit in hex Z17? Here's the map (excerpt): An oddity came up while playing a Pegasus Bridge scenario the other day. Units broke in Y19 and then we got to the rout phase. Typically they would rout toward the nearest woods...
  6. K

Trenches with Wire and Lower-level Locations

Does a unit moving from a lower-elevation location into a trench with Wire in hex go on top of the wire or underneath the wire? Here is the situation: A squad is at level 1 in a trench with Wire in the hex and is under the Wire. The squad moves one hex to a ground level location across a...
  7. K

Pegasus Bridge CGI AAR

Just finished scenario 1 of the Pegasus Bridge CG. Night I did not go well for the Germans - everything fell apart, especially the troops. Scenario ended after British Turn 6, saving the Germans from a total route. The German commander setup Trenches in W21, X16, and Z21 and Wire in W21...
  8. K

Fortification Location

What is a Fortification Location? Is it any hex which contains a fortification? Or is it being IN a fortification (which is sometimes a separate location than the rest of the hex)? [I know IN is used for gullies/depressions, but I'm using it here to indicate the unit is claiming entrenchment...
  9. K

New members introduce yourself here

Hello. I'm new to this forum, but not new to ASL. I've been playing off an on for the last 14 years, but in the last 5-6 years I've started playing more regularly. In the past few years, I've usually gotten to play 12-15 games each year - most of those at tournaments. I'm from the...