Recent content by Khill

1. Khill

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I love the BFP but that is a bit of a pet peeve that I have developed. I can see some SSR changes in scenarios from time to time but the whole of ASL is design for effect and national capabilities/characteristics are a nice part of that. Even the Italians are getting in on it now
  2. Khill

Silly After Action Report - Parting Shots

the emperor is pleased send said astrologer to Tokyo immediately fun scenario
  3. Khill

APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

I miss AREA & would like to see it going again but I welcome the APCR efforts too
  4. Khill

Enemy use of Panzerfaust

LOL: many years ago I bought a grossly incomplete original SL kit at a flea market just to get the four PF counters
  5. Khill

Onslaught to Orsha

very cool, very exciting. but, should I start applying for a second mortgage now?
  6. Khill

The ASL Book Club

Vaino Linna, Unknown Soldiers (2015 English translation) is a must read. Originally published in Finland 1954 (The Unknown Soldiers) it is a fictional account of the common Finnish soldiers experience in the Continuation War. Though it is a novel it is closely based on Linna's experience...
  7. Khill

Human Wave 2020 in Tysons Corner, VA

you need to get one going in New Brunswick. I'm sure you'd get a few from the MAINE crew to come. I'd come for sure
  8. Khill

After a game, what factors do you consider important when deciding whether a scenario's fun?

lol: I don't know, sometimes this game reminds me how dumb I am :(
  9. Khill

Tunnel portage points

lol: it is IKEA. prefabricated, sleek Scandinavian design that looks good, but just does not seem to last
  10. Khill

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

FrF 80 Breaking Bad is a fun scenario pitting the Dutch v IJA in the Dutch East Indies. ROAR has it pretty even. get to use the nifty BFP MG mounted trucks. the KNIL have to take buildings from the IJA. there are a heap of Dutch troops but they have weak ELR. we diced for sides and I got...
  11. Khill

After a game, what factors do you consider important when deciding whether a scenario's fun?

scenarios that go down to the last roll of the last CC phase
  12. Khill

Tunnel portage points

ya, but it takes the whole scenario to setup
  13. Khill

Sissukoni 2019

pictures?
  14. Khill

Human Wave

sometimes they get through in spite of every effort, in history and in cardboard. that is what makes ASL so great