Recent content by KhandidGamera

1. KhandidGamera

Pillboxes and LARGE gun setup.

All depends on that one 2" mortar that didn't x out on smoke coming in as rg.Am tempted to try the two trench 36 table approach.
  2. KhandidGamera

Oh boy, bad as I thought. Bout to find out what it's like to face off against a Flak 18 in stone 360 pb across a river: PBr. Some bad luck and bad play.
  3. KhandidGamera

Minimum Range for OBA

Haven't been on the board a while, but noticed your thread. As others indicated Jack Daniels would be a great source. Also through Vince (MajorIssues) Jim Thompson would be a very good source too. He had played around with re-working FA for ASL and a professional military knowledge of artillery...
  4. KhandidGamera

Doing this on phone, oops should be I agree in general rules question section.
  5. KhandidGamera

Rules say one gun, nothing prohibiting large gun such as 88L from setting up in, unlike building. Can't be moved in during play, but can setup in. Am I missing something?
  6. KhandidGamera

Murphy's Laws Of ASL Combat

Can't help but think that this belongs here. Just think sixes instead of ones.
  7. KhandidGamera

Murphy's Laws Of ASL Combat

That's called Monty Python Castle Syndrome 1. "We built a fourth castle and it stayed up."
  8. KhandidGamera

VASL Overlay Extension

Big shout out to Al here. Asked a question about the escarpment overlay because I was getting ready to play A23. Traded some emails and Al had something in action in about a week. Didn't have to do that but he did. Nice job he did too, right down to foot bridges, tracks and a nice clear...
  9. KhandidGamera

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

Bret. I will happily register and buy two shirts (like last year) to help sustain ASLOK, might even buy a night to help the hotel and your continuing relationship to it. However, not going to make it this year. 1. Like many I'm out of work for the time being, largely due to the plague. Even...
  10. KhandidGamera

Scenario A23 Escarpment Overlay E1

That's good to hear.
  11. KhandidGamera

Finland in World War II

Looking for something else in the The Atlantic and ran across this from 2013. Some very good equipment pics included. Finland in World War II Some of these what make great scenario sheet pics.
  12. KhandidGamera

VASSAL 3.3.0 Released

So will VASSAL 3.3.0 work with java9+ then?
  13. KhandidGamera

A23 Contest in the Clouds setup

Thanks for the explanation Al. Want to play those near term. Going to load 6.5 this week.
  14. KhandidGamera

Thanks BigAl, much appreciated. Looks like leaving the 2nd hex ID blank came with the version 6 maps.
  15. KhandidGamera

Curious if anyone has done this in VASL and how they went about it. I can accept no snow colors on the desert portion - Board 25 and the Escarpment. Found it surprising there's no real answer in this forum on how to place the Escarpment without using the new draggable overlay method, but ran...