Recent content by KhandidGamera

1. KhandidGamera

VASL Overlay Extension

Big shout out to Al here. Asked a question about the escarpment overlay because I was getting ready to play A23. Traded some emails and Al had something in action in about a week. Didn't have to do that but he did. Nice job he did too, right down to foot bridges, tracks and a nice clear...
  2. KhandidGamera

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

Bret. I will happily register and buy two shirts (like last year) to help sustain ASLOK, might even buy a night to help the hotel and your continuing relationship to it. However, not going to make it this year. 1. Like many I'm out of work for the time being, largely due to the plague. Even...
  3. KhandidGamera

Scenario A23 Escarpment Overlay E1

That's good to hear.
  4. KhandidGamera

Finland in World War II

Looking for something else in the The Atlantic and ran across this from 2013. Some very good equipment pics included. Finland in World War II Some of these what make great scenario sheet pics.
  5. KhandidGamera

VASSAL 3.3.0 Released

So will VASSAL 3.3.0 work with java9+ then?
  6. KhandidGamera

A23 Contest in the Clouds setup

Thanks for the explanation Al. Want to play those near term. Going to load 6.5 this week.
  7. KhandidGamera

Thanks BigAl, much appreciated. Looks like leaving the 2nd hex ID blank came with the version 6 maps.
  8. KhandidGamera

Curious if anyone has done this in VASL and how they went about it. I can accept no snow colors on the desert portion - Board 25 and the Escarpment. Found it surprising there's no real answer in this forum on how to place the Escarpment without using the new draggable overlay method, but ran...
  9. KhandidGamera

Your favourite possible hypothetical scenario/CG

In the same vein - Invasion of Malta.
  10. KhandidGamera

The ASL Book Club

In Frank's Downfall there was one approach on framing and perspective why the atomic bombs were thought to be necessary. I thought one of the most effective things Hornfischer did in TFAFT was another maybe more persuasive one from a "putting yourself in their shoes in understandable today...
  11. KhandidGamera

Books: What are you currently reading?

Here, here. This remains probably the best naval history book I've ever read. What really helps is very good maps and diagrams, having to do with Parshall's day job ISTR in software and graphics. The chapter Why Japan Lost, on the Japanese strategic thinking and perspective is a book's worth of...
  12. KhandidGamera

My New Coronavirus-Proof Gaming Attire

Does that permanently place you under a concealment counter?
  13. KhandidGamera

Ok - so lots of us would probably do this if we had the cash................

Fantasized several years ago about having an M3 HT - with winterizing of course, to drive to WO in, in a blizzard - think the State Police would let me through. Plenty of PP in back for ASL stuff.🆒
  14. KhandidGamera

Corona Virus and ASL

Wonder how the server held up with all that. My Tues quest for TP came up box cars, no access after 4 Giant/Martin's, 3 Dollar stores and a Walmart. Try again tomorrow. Feels like buying bread in the USSR in the late 80s. Interesting article on TP makers...
  15. KhandidGamera

Pleva dice towers

Haven't found the height thing to be an issue in use. Rather have the dice not come out of the tray.