Recent content by Keith Todd

1. K

This Hallowed Ground - Game in Progress

For most games, I prefer using Defensive Orders simply because I believe not using them stacks the odds a bit in favor of the defender. Too many times, w/o DO, the defender simply stands his ground to the last man, waiting for the attacker to fail CAS. This down to the last man stuff is...
  2. K

Hopefully this will help some, if I understand the situation correctly. When not using defensive orders, orders that just for movement and defend are commonly accepted as simple orders. Two brigades from two different divisions sharing the same orders though, side by side is specifically...
  3. K

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next posts on the game. Keith
  4. K

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next posts on the game. Keith
  5. K

Keep up the AAR, IronMike. Don't let Sam B, get your in way. Have you recovered stragglers yet? If so how is that going? Keith
  6. K

They sound like they did to me. Interesting posts! :) Keith
  7. K

No argument from me :cool: , and no apology needed. Those Cav battles would be great in CWB!!:yummy: Keith
  8. K

Good and interesting post, but I do think that very few Cav HQ were ever "grounded". The case I was mainly talking about are divisional, brigade, or regimental defensive orders for Cav, where they would need the exception to the rule of not having the leader bolted to the ground. Their CR is...
  9. K

Bob Cloyd, the CWB-CWR honcho, thinks that there should be special allowances for Cav orders. In our 3rd Battle of Manassass battle game (3BoM) at monstercon two years ago we played with such rules to playtest for the new CWB rules. One case in our game, the Cav was allowed to use Defensive...
  10. K

How is the game going? Keith
  11. K

Hmmm, not only is this a difference between CWR and CWB but it is new to CWR with the 3.0 rules, so I was not as wrong as I thought. Off to monstercon, I go!! Keith
  12. K

You are correct:shy: , another difference between CWB and CWR. Good thing I am giong to be gone for a week or so.:hush: Enjoy the game! Keith
  13. K

Just remember the attacking Corps now have to roll for Corps Attack Stoppage whether they took (gave) fire or not. Again sounds like a good game! Keith
  14. K

I can see both negative and positive too. But I usually play with brigade losses and straggler recovery using the strength counters. At first, I was concerned about stacking but soon realized CWR hardly has a stacking problem for the most part, especially since you can only fire 8 sp's anyway...