Recent content by jyoung

1. jyoung

LOS Question

I like what the LFT guys do and explicitly mark the crest line, takes the guess work out:
  2. jyoung

Hideable control and perimeter markers

Thanks @ibncalb and @DougRim, I will indeed keep working on issues that crop up - as work, life and ASL playing commitments (least to most important?) permit of course :).
  3. jyoung

Ughh, gotta love those types of intermittent problems... the old perimeter counters will definitely not play nicely with deluxe (or other sized) hexes, that should have been fixed in V2.5 but this overlay stacking issue is not something I've encountered (but I don't use overlays that much). To...
  4. jyoung

Thanks @apbills and all - I'm working on a new version, revamped the interface with counters dragged off drop-down menus instead of having to find them in the counter trays, plus expandable 1-6 hex area control markers (e.g. for CGs that set perimeters as 2 hexes within controlled strategic...
  5. jyoung

Map Inventory

Hmm, @SteelDragon it's already failing for some reason I don't understand when I have lots of pieces off the map, I tried limiting it to pieces that are on the mapboard, even that misses pieces on half-hexes. It might be difficult to get reliably working as the interaction with various VASL...
  6. jyoung

Map Inventory

Before posting, perhaps @SteelDragon could test it?
  7. jyoung

Map Inventory

It turns out it was a direct implementation of the VASSAL Game Piece Inventory Window, no custom code. Try the attached, I haven't seen the original version working so not completely sure of the settings, please let me know if this works like the old one (just remove the .zip extension, I had to...
  8. jyoung

OBA Immunity via Multiple Cliff Hexsides?

First-time play of Purple Heart Draw.
  9. jyoung

While we're at it, B11.431: "Climbing units may only fire during their AFPh." That seems very clear, I'm just wondering at the justification of allowing climbing units to take their eyes and hands off the rocks long enough to fire in their own turn, but not in the opponent's turn in the DFPh...
  10. jyoung

B11.42: "...Climbing units at a level higher than the base level of the hex are immune to Indirect Fire unless the attack crosses the lower-elevation hexside opposite the cliff..., OBA is considered traced from the center of... the Firer's Friendly Board Edge..." What if the hexside opposite...
  11. jyoung

Location Control in Manila

My suggestions would all revolve around using VASL as an alternative to marking a paper side-map, but that may not be very convenient.
  12. jyoung

Location Control in Manila

VASL or cardboard?
  13. jyoung

Setup within 4 hexes of XXX...

This question reminded me of a proof that pi = 4, not 3.14 as you have been led to believe: http://www.kevinhouston.net/blog/2011/03/pi-is-4-video/. Does that help? :D
  14. jyoung

berserk change and ambush

Checking my understanding on this: It's not A12.15 (Detection) that causes this, as this paragraph specifically mentions non-berserk units. A8.312 (TPBF) forces all defending units in the hex to fire at the berserker when it enters their location, including the concealed unit, which does so in...
  15. jyoung

Festung Budapest

We used the victory point overlays: