Recent content by Justiciar

1. Justiciar

ASL Films

It is their BoB type movie. I would rate it like you "it is not a BAD movie." Not saying it = BoB. I have not seem it in 10 years, but the 1 thing I dislike a lot, is when the company creeps out at night to attack and is like 100 yards from the enemy and 120+ guys fix bayonets at the exact...
  2. Justiciar

Motion Attempt & DFF

Another way to look at it.... Could this just represent that although it is your MPh and your are maneuvering against the enemy, this local defining AFV gets the jump on you, and that is why Case A or reduction of MG FP does not happen... It is like a mini initiative win...sort of like a Gun...
  3. Justiciar

Camp Spurlock 2019

Ok after seeing* this type of AAR http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/texas-team-tournament-aar-2019.152578/ and then with Major Issues versions...this is my last ever AAR. . . I am no longer a dinosaur..... I am a fossil. A little too tall could have used a few pounds...
  4. Justiciar

A heroic leader who suffers a second wound is dead directly or has to pass severity dr?

But in a CG the end result can be managed if need be..."don't press"....in a regular scenario you problem need that leader/heor on the line and the more "mixed blessing" as you note comes into play more...
  5. Justiciar

NASHCON 2019 (August 23-25)

Understood.
  6. Justiciar

Ok, I see how it works...there is ultimate veto power...what happens when one person says no SK and the other says no ASL....? No not planning to attend. Too far and I burned my vacation already see AAR section.
  7. Justiciar

Isn't it the case that "S" means starter kit scenario? If so, my understanding of that (I have only played it once) is there is no bypass...(among other rules like level 1 and 2 buildings and snipers and such) how does that mesh with ASL? One assumes -S series was tested NOT using these ASL...
  8. Justiciar

Camp Spurlock 2019

No, still recovering an my brain addled...dates got goofed I arrived on a Monday not Sunday (I left on a Sunday), usually it is the other way around...
  9. Justiciar

Camp Spurlock 2019

Camp Spurlock 2019 Well another installment in the Camp Spurlock series. For those of you new to this (do a GS search), this is where one suffers for one's ASL. I arrived at the new camp on Sunday after an 8 hour drive, and after passing a security check from the two Great Danes which...
  10. Justiciar

Motion Attempt & DFF

I think this shows the designers did "imagine it that far."
  11. Justiciar

Stukas in a CG query

Must be the noise it makes...does he like muffler-less cars and leaving near RR tracks and such...? ;)
  12. Justiciar

Card-Driven Mechanics to the emerging new layers of ASL????

I agree warfare rarely offers clear cut info...but there are better ways to model that...such as purchase menus, HIP, extra ?. As for adding friction the C2 of SASL ported over to ASL would be better IMHO. Your current idea might work for CGs.
  13. Justiciar

Card-Driven Mechanics to the emerging new layers of ASL????

Not to rain on your parade...but what you just did here is ruin hours of PT effort and care and thought put in by various folk on the scenario to get it balanced, which seems to be one of the pillars of what makes for a good scenario. So I would completely pass on this idea. Others may...
  14. Justiciar

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Oh I gotsted more kit than you...and I have the IIFT memorized, something dinosaurs like myself can do, unlike you youngsters that need a screen of what ever type to find your way...paper trails help build memory skills, bits and bites do not... ;)
  15. Justiciar

A9.22 Fire Lane and DR Sequence

I agree with you. But I thought that was what he was trying to say....