Recent content by Jude

1. Jude

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played BFP-75 Schreiber's Success but ended up calling it halfway through due to some errors on both sides that fundamentally altered the game. I can comment that I feel this one is tough on the Germans. If the Russians use their AT Ditches effectively and play a fallback defense to the village...
  2. Jude

Played BFP-74 Coiled to Strike as the attacking Germans. Not my shining moment as I failed to use my smoke assets as well as I should have. Also, each turn it seemed like I would make a few little mistakes like forgetting to do something or not seeing something obvious (afterwards). All those...
  3. Jude

Played BFP-73 Preliminary Move in a game dominated by wild swings of the dice. The scenario starts with seven Stukas roaring in for a one time good deal flyover. My friend, playing as the Russians, decided to not set up any of his three guns hidden. When I asked him later, "Why?" He replied he...
  4. Jude

Sometimes ASL just likes to kick you in the balls. My friend and I played OA27 Long Range Recon in prep for our Kursk foray. I had the defending Germans. A very small German force has to hold a slightly larger Russian force from taking two buildings and destroying a bunch of trucks. Victory...
  5. Jude

Played WO29 Pynda Avenged as the defending Italians. I think the game was won on the first PFPh. My friend decided to put his on board force on Board 63. I had a couple concealed squads in the center on the playing area in the two buildings where all the boards meet. I don't remember if he took...
  6. Jude

VotG17 - On the Verge of Extinction

That was so long ago, I don't remember even writing it! Yeah, I made that mistake a few times since then as well until I figured it out that was a no no. After reading the rules over and over, I still find those little things I missed (over and over). Check out the mistake (in the So What...
  7. Jude

Played G8 Recon in Force as the defending Axis forces. Very close game. The Americans need to take two buildings, one held by the Italians and one by the Germans, for an instant win, or take one and have triple the Axis CVP total at game's end. By the middle of turn 6 (of 7), the Americans had...
  8. Jude

Ha! Well, I wasn't attacking today, but that sort of sounds like what happens to me when I do - and not on purpose!
  9. Jude

Played DA11 Sicilian Midnight as the defending Italians. I've read that this scenario receives high praise, but I thought the scenario was just OK. Not much for the Italians to do except try and strip cloaking from the Americans. Not a big fan of night scenarios in general. They come up so...
  10. Jude

Played J97 A Nice Morning for a Ride. Interesting scenario in that both sides have to attack and defend. I spread my Germans across the northern and eastern sides of the river and put a couple of 1/2 squads, concealments, and the RCL on the south. I lucked out when my RCL shot at the escaping...
  11. Jude

Played J96 Another Bloody Attack as the Germans. The second of the Primosole Bridge trilogy of scenarios, the British must either take and hold both sides of the bridge or get 12 CVP north of the river all the while by not losing 30 CVP in units. Both are very tall tasks even without throwing in...
  12. Jude

Played J95 Typical German Response, losing a close(?) one as the Germans. The Germans have to take and hold hex N20 and break or kill all British units - a seriously tall task! I split my men into two even groups and hit the British from the north and east. Moving through all that congested...
  13. Jude

Played OA8 A Parting Blow as the Germans. Long scenario. My friend called it 3/4th of the way through. I think the game was leaning my way, but I still felt the outcome was in doubt. The scenario was shaping up to be a point blank battle on the level 3 hills by the level 4 board 9 building. I...
  14. Jude

Played a fun scenario FrF29 Sting of the Italian Hornet. To win, the Canadians have to take a bunch of stone buildings including both factory overlays; one way forward and the other about half as far back. As the Italians, I initially packed most of my good men and equipment in the forward...
  15. Jude

I read a comment like that in one of the Journals, but in this case, I think moving on was justified. I was only three points away from victory and all I had was one malfunctioned MMG. Like I said, I was about to move up the ATR for a PB rear shot in the AFPh (I guess the Stuart must have been...