Recent content by Jude

1. Jude

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played A4 Beyond the Blue Beach as the attacking Germans. Decent scenario. Definitely old school. Ten(!) turns for the Germans to either get two tanks (of four) off the playing area for an instant win, or one by game's end as long as they have more CVP than the Americans. With so many turns, I...
  2. Jude

Played an odd scenario ASL 52 Too Little, Too Late. I know I played this before as I played all the Hollow Legion scenarios, but this one did not ring a bell. It's an Italian all vehicle affair vs defending German AT weapons. The Italians have to get seven vehicles across any of the four bridges...
  3. Jude

Played AP26 Flea Circus as the attacking Germans. Interesting scenario because the Italians can't fire until fired upon or the Germans move next to them (either of which ends the following restriction) unless they pass a 1PTC. This allows the Germans to take some early risks to try and sneak...
  4. Jude

Snuck in two scenarios. The first was BFP-80 Ratushniak's Sacrifice. Wanting to finish up this Kursk campaign my friend and I have been playing, I moved my German units with way too much impetuousness. I pushed my guys hard and got them caught in a lot of kill zones. Sad to say, I didn't really...
  5. Jude

Played BFP-78 Operation Wheatfield as the attacking Germans. I moved up the western side of the playing area in order to use the hedges for cover. Other than the four AT Crews and a bunch of concealments, the Soviets left Board 43 pretty empty. By the end of turn 2 (of 7) both forces started to...
  6. Jude

Next up was BFP-78, but as that seemed like a two weekend affair, we skipped it this week and went for BFP-79 A Hard Push. Turned out to be a surprisingly pretty easy win for my German troops. My friend went with a reverse slope defense (as would I) so there wasn't much interdiction of movement...
  7. Jude

Damn! That was some pretty serious devastation laid down on the Russians in your first game. I was happy just taking out one of the ART Guns during the top of German turn 3 - and that took a full out rush by half and full squads with a couple of Pz IIIs laying down smoke! My friend played with...
  8. Jude

Played BFP-77 Burning Down the House as the attacking Germans. Looong scenario. Another two weekend affair. Got halfway through turn 3 (of 6.5) the first weekend. The up front buildings were all mined but the HS rush did what they needed to do and secured them easily. The AT Ditches were...
  9. Jude

Played BFP-76 Trial of the Infantry as the attacking Germans. The good news? I didn't run into any mines. The bad news? I got blistered before I could even get to them! I went all out for an eastern push hoping to then swing west and flank the pillboxes. Risky because the grain really slows...
  10. Jude

Played J118 Elephants Unleashed as the attacking Germans. Based on the amount of recorded ROAR playings for both versions, this is a very popular scenario. I'm guessing Elephants vs SU-152s has something to do with this. Since this is my eighth Kursk scenario in row, I had two goals for this...
  11. Jude

Played AP2 Storm of Steel as the attacking Germans. I think this is the first time I ever used "goliaths" (SSR modified from the real ones). Well, I screwed up thinking that I could move them and then detonate them immediately when I was done (no clue why I thought that). Based on that thinking...
  12. Jude

Played AP66 Cat's Cradle as the attacking Germans. It could have been over quickly but my friend made a critical mistake. I was going to drive my loaded halftracks up the western side of the map risking four bog checks each in order to get my infantry close early. A very calculated (foolish?)...
  13. Jude

Played the old classic DASL 7 With Flame and Shell over two weekends. Interesting revisiting this scenario after first playing it forever ago. Back then, we pretty much put everything up front and went toe-to-toe. The defender usually took a heavy beating. No subtlety. Now we play with much more...
  14. Jude

Played BFP-75 Schreiber's Success but ended up calling it halfway through due to some errors on both sides that fundamentally altered the game. I can comment that I feel this one is tough on the Germans. If the Russians use their AT Ditches effectively and play a fallback defense to the village...
  15. Jude

Played BFP-74 Coiled to Strike as the attacking Germans. Not my shining moment as I failed to use my smoke assets as well as I should have. Also, each turn it seemed like I would make a few little mistakes like forgetting to do something or not seeing something obvious (afterwards). All those...