Recent content by Jude

1. Jude

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

OTO-19, should the final road coordinate in the Mission be Y9 instead of V9? V9 the last hex of a VP building outside the road. If it is V9, would W9 and X9 also be part of road perimeter since the LOS from Y9 bisects them? Thanks.
  2. Jude

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

OTO-14, is the sparse orchard counter in hex DW-9 Q9 really supposed to be in O9? Q9 is a road hex and O9 is an in season orchard. If so, it would help (slightly) with the LOS angles for tanks on the DD7 and DD17 hill masses. Thanks.
  3. Jude

OtO-11 Clarification

Thanks for the quick replies!
  4. Jude

OtO-11 Clarification

Just to clarify then, the German Guns do set up on board.
  5. Jude

OtO-11 Clarification

SBR 3 states: No German units or fortifications can set up HIP [Exc. Mines]. Guns may set up emplaced. Pillboxes... SBR 4 states: Russian Guns may not set up HIP/Emplaced So, since no German unit can set up hidden other than the Guns in the first place, does this mean all German forces -...
  6. Jude

FTF Opponents: What method do you use?

Yeah. It especially helped keep our heads and tactics straight when we were playing scenarios in western North Africa and Sicily, for example, where orchards were usually olive groves or during the Winter War with all the snow/deep snow/extreme winter rules. Playing one after the other saved...
  7. Jude

FTF Opponents: What method do you use?

This is actually a topic that I've always been interested in because I've played the same guy (off and on) since we were in high school in the early 80s. My friend and I don't use either of those methods. We play chronological “mini campaigns” of at least seven scenarios in a particular theater...
  8. Jude

ASL Bell Tolls

Odd question to ask in a thread about people who passed away...
  9. Jude

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played V9 JIG Green East: Storming Le Hamel as the defending Germans. Been a long time since I wrote an AAR but I had to for this one for one reason - which you'll read about shortly. The scenario itself isn't great. Some weird SSRs, set up [German radios (there's only one)] may set up hidden -...
  10. Jude

Played J119 Sovkhoz Haystacks as the attacking Germans. Bad dice was the rule for this game. Because of the way my friend set up, I tried a combo up the gut move on board 43 and a flanking move on board 4 with slightly more infantry and armor. By the end of turn 2 (of 6) my men were shot up bad...
  11. Jude

Played WO30 As Luck Would Have It as the attacking Germans. My friend botched the setup thinking I had to take the buildings to win and set up accordingly. That decided my course of action and I marched my men up the eastern side for the exit victory condition. Other than the setup error, a...
  12. Jude

I read good things about it so I was disappointed the dice decided the game. I liked how both sides had a chance to attack and defend. I'll never revisit it because of all the scenarios I have yet to play, but if I ever did go back, this is one I'd try again.
  13. Jude

T16 Strayer’s Strays. Not knowing where the Americans would come on, I spread my guys out down the length of board 6. The Americans massed on the eastern side of the board and marched through all the blind hex orchards. I tried to force march my men that were on the western side but there was no...
  14. Jude

Played T5 The Pouppeville Exit as the defending Germans. Another scenario I played a million years ago. I kinda liked it because I didn’t have to worry about where to set up! I think my friend got cocky after our last scenario, Gavin Take, where the 10-2 and 10-3 had their way with my guys. He...
  15. Jude

32 Subterranean Quarry. I remember this one from when I bought Partisan! when it first came out. I thought it was the coolest idea. I played it, but I don’t remember the outcome. Flash forward 30 plus later and I still thought the scenario looked cool. After playing it again, not so much now. I...