Recent content by jthomas

1. J

CoD type shooters

OFP is your answer! Like Don said, the graphics take a little getting used to (after being exposed to COD2). But you can go ANYWHERE you like on the islands, you just might end up getting killed or failing the mission, but hey, that's what you asked for. Now that I think about it, there is even...
  2. J

Anybody still playing United offensive?

Yup! Got it for a bargain at Electronic Boutique! I don't have the time I'd like but I love the game.
  3. J

Any Medal of Honor teams out there?

I've tried getting in on the discussion at 5ACG, but am classified as a "civilian", so I can't get into, say, the "America's Army" forum. How to proceed to "Recruit"? BTW, I was playing MOH last night and got to see the Pee-Pee dance in action! :laugh: what a Boob! However, he DID live a lot...
  4. J

BF1942 vs AA vs FSWvs MOH?

I dunno. It just seeams weird. Having kids, it's not unusal to have to just drop everything and go clean up some kind of mess. Being able to "freeze" the game and come back to it later is comforting. At this point, it's a moot question, as I usually do not survive long enough in AA to cause...
  5. J

Well! I checked out your link, Ivan. VBS certainly seems to be the real deal. But personally, a tad more than I have time for, if you know what I mean! This seems to be right up CPangracs' field of expertise, though. CTCORP Evidently, us yanks can get some of the system, but the prices...
  6. J

OK, I'll bite what's VBS1? I can be an ingoramus when it comes to figuring out all the abbreviations here. :rolleyes: I'll take you advice on FSW. It confirms what I was starting to think just from playing with the demo a bit. You just saved me $40! Muchas gracias. As far as the solitare...
  7. J

I'm looking for a FPS game for Xmas, my preference would lean toward Modern Era military. Does anybody have feedback on the relative merits of Battlefield 1942, MOH (there are modern warfare mods), America's Army, and Full-Spectrum Warrior? I'm liking AA OK, for the price, it's hard to...
  8. J

You are gonna think I am a moron.

Not stupid, I'm going through the same learning curve. The way I understand it, like Overseer said, and a smaller number is better than a larger one. Though I don't understand the ramifications from a gameplay standpoint yet. Anyone? Anyone? ....Bueller?
  9. J

New Clan Forming

Agree whole-heartedly. I just started playing online a bit over the weekend. Everytime amission would start, everybody would scatter willy-nilly, then you end up wandering around the map aimlessly looking for something to shoot. I ended up getting shot by my own side as much as by the OPFOR...
  10. J

New Clan Forming

D'oh! Then where the hell was I???? :confused:
  11. J

New Clan Forming

I'm interested, America's Army, either place. I noticed today that the AA forum was rather stagnant at 5thACG. Perhaps that prompted the post here? BTW, I tried downloading that monster last night, tried to install it and the executable would not run. :mad: My home computer theoretically...
  12. J

service pack 2 for win xp. good...?

I just had a similar problem- In my case, evidently SP2 has its own firewall that installs itself, in addition to anyother firewall program you may already have. I had McAfee Personal Firewall running, the SP2 comes along and installs itself, essentially locking down all the ports (this is what...
  13. J

Just got this Game !!

I'm glad to see some other people had the same experience I'm having! I have never thought myself the next Guderian or Patton, but it's really humbling when the machine opens a major can of Whup A$$ on you!! :dead: Jeffrey- I still think this is the BEST wargame around- the FPS and the more...
  14. J

Just order the CMBB strategy guide and CMAK companion book !!

I liked the CMBB tactics book, although the illustrations in it were small and pretty murky. It does a pretty good job of talking you through the basic mechanics, especially the differences between CMBO and CMBB. As for results, I find I pretty much suck at tactics anyhow, so it's a good thing...
  15. J

Worst War Movie Ending

Thanks for the mutual aid! I'll admit I was too lazy to go look it up. Tim- Regarding "Patton"- I would have to agree that maybe WHEN it was filmed has has much as anything to do with my aversion to it ("dislike" is too strong). In the late '60s early 70's they tended to stylize stuff- like...