Recent content by jrv

1. jrv

A9.22 Fire Lane and DR Sequence

The separate MF/MP allow DFF, SFF & FPF attacks, perhaps with different modifiers too (for MP). I limited my comment to "the purposes of triggering residual FP." Note also that MP expended are part of one MP expenditure for Bounding First Fire. A DEFENDER may fire at an ATTACKER as many times as...
  2. jrv

Changing TCA/VCA at end of fire phase

The particular rule is A.15. It is actually a very specific rule that says that units may fire in both the enemy MPh and the friendly DFPh without being considered as firing in two phases. Players often (mis-)remember it as saying the enemy MPh and the DFPh are treated as the same for all sorts...
  3. jrv

I believe that "expending" and "making an expenditure" are meant to be synonymous. That is one does not, making an expenditure of three MF, expend one MF then expend one MF then expend one MF for the purposes of triggering residual FP. JR
  4. jrv

I believe that if the unit announces and makes a multiple MF or MP expenditure and then is attacked on a MF/MP lower than the last one, the placement of residual (whether firelane or regular) will not result in the unit being attacked by that residual on later MF/MP of that same expenditure. I...
  5. jrv

Changing TCA/VCA at end of fire phase

I believe the intention is that if a vehicle changes its CA in the PFPh, it is marked with a Prep marker and thus ineligible to move. I believe the intention is that if a vehicle is ineligible to change CA in its current situation (also including bogged, immobilized), D3.12 does not allow it...
  6. jrv

Deployment at Setup

Squads only per A2.9. Per A5.5, "a squad's equivalent can be substituted for a squad which has been given special capabilities by a SSR." Since A2.9 is not an SSR, A5.5 does not allow squad equivalents that are from units that are not squads to count for purposes of deployment. JR
  7. jrv

A9.22 is clear in that any DFF attack with a GO SW MG may also declare a firelane. There is no mention of whether the MG has fired before and kept ROF. As long as the MG is using DFF (i.e. not marked with a First or Final Fire counter, in which case it would be using SFF/FPF), it may place a...
  8. jrv

Smoke in a building hex and fire within the different floors

Yes, for your situation at level zero and level one, +5 and +4 hindrance. I also described a hypothetical situation (at level one and level two, because then only one of the units is in the Smoke), and it was misunderstood as level zero and level two, which is not what I meant. JR
  9. jrv

Quick question about seeing wire at night...

That is correct. I don't think it means that the wire is literally invisible and you have to walk into it to find it. I think it means it is not visible at 40m, which is not too unreasonable in most situations. There might be situations where that should be SSR'd, e.g. twelve-foot high fences or...
  10. jrv

I am confused by this. Note that the two units in my post are at level one and level two, not level zero and level two. I believe the hindrance for level zero to level two would be +5 for firing down, +6 for firing up (out of SMOKE). JR
  11. jrv

Russian Vehicle Note J

The same could apply to non-Soviet sD (they could not fire the entire game), yet they do not "possibly" have sD. JR
  12. jrv

Russian Vehicle Note J

My bad. Then what does the "possibly" mean? JR
  13. jrv

Russian Vehicle Note J

"Possibly" refers to the single-attempt nature of the Soviet sD. You can try once. If you succeed the vehicle actually carried smoke dischargers, but you can never try again with that vehicle. If you fail the vehicle did not carry any smoke dischargers and you can never try again. JR
  14. jrv

How will the Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French?

If I'm not mistaken, the Crusader II is shown twice rather than showing a Crusader II and a Crusader III. JR
  15. jrv

You confuse me by saying the sM is now dispersed. A sM (and all other SMOKE dispensers) is placed dispersed [D13.32 for sM]. Per A24.2, the SMOKE hindrance is per Location. There are two locations involved, firer's and target's, both of which have Smoke. The hindrances are +3 for the firer's...