Recent content by jrv

1. jrv

I hate ASL!

He rolled an 11 too. It's not like he's just complaining about just one bad result. That would be whining. No, he's in some serious pain, and we may be called upon to talk him off the ledge. JR
  2. jrv

KGS 12 May day - East Side

At one point KGS CG19 was an SSR stating that both sides could self-rally two squads in each friendly RPh. In the released version this is now part of KGS CG5. This seems likely but I can't be 100% sure because KGS CG19 was an SSR about rafts (which became KGS CG21) at another point. JR
  3. jrv

Official ASL mug from MMP!

Call up MMP/e-mail them and have Perry bring you one in his car. JR
  4. jrv

Hatten - Schurzen/gyros?

I haven't found any information on what percent used vs. didn't use the stabilizer. This says it was a concern during the war: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/442747-us-gyrostabiliser-issues/. The "fact" that stabilizers were disabled is repeated widely, but I have not been able...
  5. jrv

Hatten - Schurzen/gyros?

I think it was fairly common for crews to disable their stabilizers. Perhaps if they had shown this video during training.... JR
  6. jrv

Possession of a Gun.

To go into this a little further, ASL is quite content to work in a "non-mathematical" way. The most well-known is the PP capacity of a MMC. A squad has three PP capacity, while two HS have six PP capacity. The stacking equivalency of a crew/HS manning a Gun is one squad. What is the stacking...
  7. jrv

ASLOK - Looking for opponents

Yes, it's great for young and old and in-between! Welcome! JR
  8. jrv

You should definitely keep your IFT. It makes a great screen when you set up your units. JR
  9. jrv

Possession of a Gun.

I think you are the one reading something into the rules. Per A5.5 "an Infantry crew/HS ... manning a Gun ... is considered equal to a squad for stacking purposes." However there is no rule that says a squad manning a Gun is anything but a squad manning a Gun. Even if you decide that something...
  10. jrv

As we keep counting more and more IIFT true believers, it seems like it's the Inadequate Fire Table players that are actually in the minority. JR
  11. jrv

Possession of a Gun.

It's not overstacked. A squad is a squad stacking whether it possesses a gun or not. Only a crew or a halfsquad is larger than it would normally be when possessing a gun. JR
  12. jrv

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Continuing my overlay scan, print & laminate project. My printer died so I replaced it. The colors that this new (used) printer was printing were muddy, dark and not very accurate. There were lots of possible reasons for this, for instance I am using off-brand ink. One of the possibilities was...
  13. jrv

Possession of a Gun.

A squad with underscored ML is manning a Gun in a 1+5+7 pillbox. It rolls > its ELR on a MC and must deploy into two broken halfsquads. How? JR
  14. jrv

Hatten - Schurzen/gyros?

A malfunctioning gyrostabilizer probably would not cause the gun to malfunction. JR
  15. jrv

Advancing Fire Team - Brevity Assault

No beach at all, unless one is SSR'd. It is ordinary level zero terrain next to a level -1 water obstacle, like a river edge. Unless they want to introduce G13 into the game. Depending on the anticipated play of the game it may be unnecessary to define the details of the beach. JR