Recent content by jrv

1. jrv

Everyone's favorite Routing

It can pick any hex, including open ground. It can't *remain* in the same open ground hex in normal range, yadda yadda. Usually there are better hexes than open ground, but sometimes open ground is the best for some reason. JR
  2. jrv

Trench and Anti-Tank Ditch

All true. JR
  3. jrv

Da Paul Challenge

This is the other photo I found: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/lhass2007/HoneyConv_zpsqphhqmou.jpg It looks like it might have been taken of the same vehicle at roughly the same time. JR
  4. jrv

AAR - 81 Fratricidal Fighting

Only a SMC can recover a SW that is currently possessed by a broken unit, inside or outside a foxhole or sanger. A SMC can join the broken unit IN the foxhole to do it. The SMC can't move a MMG unless it dismantles it (and here the Soviets have a problem), and so getting that MMG away would take...
  5. jrv

Dry run for first landing operation

The extra MP doesn't do you a lot of good in this case because the infantry still can't unload. In other cases the gained MP might allow the Passengers to unload. It's possible that the best move is to move into the last hex but not beach. An unbeached LC is generally less vulnerable to fire...
  6. jrv

Per G12.401 & G12.4, a unit may not unload in the LC's hex if the LC is beached across its CA. Units may only unload across the beached hexside. JR
  7. jrv

The LCV is completely unarmored, and the crew gets no CE DRM. JR
  8. jrv

Per G12.3/E5.23, if the LC declares it is beaching as it enters 4034 it does not expend an extra MP, i.e. the cost to enter 4043 beached can be four MP. If it does not declare it is beaching it must expend the extra MP, as you have in your count. JR
  9. jrv

It's very confusing having a picture with the vasl-style numbering while you write with the physical numbering. Is there a way the two could be reconciled? JR
  10. jrv

RB Perimeter Q's

The German and Soviet perimeters can be drawn so they overlap. The Soviet version is ok for the Soviet perimeter, but the German perimeter can include X15. JR
  11. jrv

RB Perimeter Q's

Unless there are German units in W14 and/or X14, there is no reason the soviets can't trace an alternate-grain perimeter from V14 to Y14. At the same time, the Germans can trace an alternate-grain perimeter from V13 through W14 & W15 to X15, then from X15 back to X13. Now the two perimeters...
  12. jrv

Suicide Creek Campaign

Note that "up into Jungle" is five MF if it is not raining and the Japanese are Banzai-ing. The COT is four MF, but Human Wave is automatic loss of concealment [A25.23] (and in particular, cloaking [E1.423]). Entering concealment terrain costs an extra MF [E1.51] at night unless using a road or...
  13. jrv

A20.551 a surrendering enemy squad rearming my unarmed squad

I agree. The enemy squad throws their guns into the bushes before surrendering. JR
  14. jrv

Da Paul Challenge

According to this site, the look of the 18/25 lbr is different from the 18 lbr. JR
  15. jrv

Da Paul Challenge

Yes, that is the image I posted. JR