Recent content by jrv

1. jrv

Fires and perimeters in RO

Per O11.609, "Each Location currently marked with a Blaze (not Flame) counter is considered fully consumed by the fire. Players must remove each Blaze counter and make the appropriate terrain alterations." This is regardless of terrain type. At the end of O11.609 all blazes have been removed...
  2. jrv

Deliberate malfunction

Yes, if the Gun could be fired. JR
  3. jrv

Quick FT vs. AFV question RE: Concealment

An interesting idea. This q&a suggests otherwise. Also although it is a concealed stack, it is not a dummy stack. It might potentially be a dummy stack, depending on the circumstances. JR
  4. jrv

Quick FT vs. AFV question RE: Concealment

I believe not. JR
  5. jrv

Truck Carrying Gaming Dice Spills Onto Highway, Rolls A Perfect 756,000

I hate separate dust dies. I can never read them without staring at them for minutes. Which one is the dust die again? And now we have to use 216,000 of them? DTO, no thank you. JR
  6. jrv

Rate the scenario or CG above you.

Roger is right. Give it to me. JR
  7. jrv

Concealment & CC

Correct. Any hindrance DRM (other than those that don't cancel FFMO, e.g. LV hindrances [E3.1]) will prevent concealment loss. Even though the terrain is Open Ground per B1.0, FFMO does not apply [index]. It is not Open Ground in the A10.531 sense and so does not cause loss of concealment by...
  8. jrv

The rules of ASL are not laws of physics. They are game rules, and you play by them. If the rules say all strategic locations are always controlled by one side or the other, then they always are. End of story. JR
  9. jrv

I am wondering if you are skipping over step O11.609 in the RePh. Blazes mostly go out between scenarios. Note that if there is a blaze in any one Location, the entire building is Gutted/rubbled [11.6094-.6095]. There are some kinds of fire that continue between CG dates. Wreck blazes that have...
  10. jrv

Use of overlays

Make it an SSR that the overlays have to be stapled down. That should encourage more players. They are just afraid the overlays are going to slip. JR
  11. jrv

If it's not accidental, your insurance won't cover it. JR
  12. jrv

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

The rules are very simple: roll a mistaken attack; watch your opponent shred your forces. JR
  13. jrv

SW and sqd FF/SFF/FPF interaction

Chapter E was originally released not quite finished as I recall. The first edition night section was pretty bad, with some fairly important "rules" buried in the footnotes. Second edition cleaned that section up a bit, but night still has a fair number of rules that are difficult. Aircraft...
  14. jrv

I believe all fire other than from Kindling is "accidental." JR
  15. jrv

PF and targets

A20.54 "Fire into a Location containing prisoners or unarmed units from outside the Location affects both the Guard and the prisoners/unarmed units as if they were combatants in a Melee." Prisoners would be a separate element for the random selection. JR