jrv's Recent Activity

1. jrv replied to the thread A9.21 MG Covered Arc vs A8.3 SFF and A8.31 FPF.

If I understand the residual attack against the bypass correctly, the in-hex TEM applies even though the unit was bypassing in the open...

Nov 24, 2017 at 3:04 AM
  2. jrv replied to the thread PSW 222 vs Sd 222.

"Sonderkraftfahrzeug (abbreviated Sd.Kfz., German for "special purpose vehicle" or "special ordnance vehicle") was the ordnance...

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:24 PM
  3. jrv replied to the thread Is temporarily revealing a concealed unit the only allowed way to prove it is real?.

Yes, but then someone would complain that when all the dummies had been revealed, you need not show real units any more, and then once...

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:10 PM
  4. jrv replied to the thread Is temporarily revealing a concealed unit the only allowed way to prove it is real?.

There are several "house rules." Yours isn't so much a house rule as a convenience implementation of the written rule (so long as no one...

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:13 AM
  5. jrv replied to the thread Panjis.

I agree with this. JR

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:44 AM
  6. jrv replied to the thread A7.302 Quickie.

The reason for the parenthetical is because it is easy to read "all other units" as excluding any just-reduced halfsquads, and that is...

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:21 AM
  7. jrv replied to the thread Rooftop LOS question.

If single-storey houses had rooftops, by the rooftop rules [B23.8] they would have rooftops at level ½, despite being level one...

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:16 AM
  8. jrv replied to the thread Rooftop LOS question.

I'm not sure what you think is incorrect. Per the SSR only multi-hex buildings have rooftops. Per the rules, multi-hex buildings are...

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:35 PM
  9. jrv replied to the thread Ambush on South Knob: misunderstood or major mutt?.

Perhaps the Popatollah. JR

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM
  10. jrv replied to the thread Ambush on South Knob: misunderstood or major mutt?.

The text is perhaps based on the US Army official history, https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-P-Rabaul/USA-P-Rabaul-17.html, which...

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM
  11. jrv replied to the thread Control Forfeiture & deliberate/accidental Flame creation.

The blaze is accidental. As long as a unit remains on the upper level, that Location, hex and/or building is enterable by that side....

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:18 PM
  12. jrv replied to the thread could this be a viable scenario.

Yep, that's why when I went to ASLOK this year (unlike some persons whose names I won't mention, but it rhymes with Spott) I only played...

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:36 PM
  13. jrv replied to the thread Ambush on South Knob: misunderstood or major mutt?.

Oh yeah, well you... you... you're flimsy. JR

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:34 PM
  14. jrv replied to the thread Ambush on South Knob: misunderstood or major mutt?.

I'm not sure "escalated" is the right word. I would go with "flatlined." JR

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM
  15. jrv replied to the thread Ambush on South Knob: misunderstood or major mutt?.

One thing that Japanese should try to do is drive at the Americans from different directions. If they can get into both sides and/or the...

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM