Recent content by Jon

1. Jon

Cloaking Loss

Hi all some questions on Cloaking loss at Night. Relevant rules sections E1.4 "A Cloaking counter...has all the characteristics of a "?" plus certain special benefits. ... All rules pertaining to "?" apply to Cloaking counters except as specified otherwise herein." E1.43 LOSS: Cloaked status is...
  2. Jon

Problem posting for a Perry Sez

Hi I sent some questions off for a Perry Sez to asl_qa@multimanpublishing.com. I got the following back from postmaster@multimanpublishing.com saying message was undeliverable: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to...
  3. Jon

Another Night Cloaking counter question

Hi Question has arisen regarding Cloaking counters Deployment (and other actions) E1.4 says all rules pertaining to "?" counters apply to Cloaked counters except as specified. E1.43 says Cloaking is lost, and replaced by its unconcealed contents for any situation that would cause "?" loss at...
  4. Jon

E.4, E1.53, E1.55 and E1.6-1.63: MST and Lax/Normal Stealthy

Hi Trying to wrap my head around Majority Squad type and its interface with Straying, Jitter Fire and Ambush Playing the Initial Night Scenario of the Edson Ridge Campaign game. The US is the Scenario Defender and the Japanese is the Scenario Attacker (and thus has cloaking counters) By the...
  5. Jon

OBA: Correcting a SR question: Conflict between rules C1.3-C1.4 and OBA Flowchart?

Hi A Player with OBA begins their PFPh with a SR on board. They maintain Radio Contact (and have Battery Access). Theyhave a LOS to the Blast Height and wish to Correct (but not Convert) the SR. Following the OBA Flow Chart "Converting and/or Correcting a SR", they pace an AR within 18 hexes...
  6. Jon

Another Edson's Ridge CG question

Hi In the Edson Ridge CG, in the Initial Scenario, the initial American OB contains a 100+mm OBA Module with Normal Ammunition and one Pre-Reg Hex. The US Player can also purchase more OBA, namely RG O1 which is another module of 100mm OBA. Ig the US purchases this OBA RG, does it come with...
  7. Jon

Edson's Ridge CG "Bloody Ridge" questions

Hi 1) In the Edson's Ridge (ER) SSR, ER7 states Raider units (including leaders) are Stealthy. The US Initial CG OB has an 8-1 and an 8-0 leader. However it doesn't specify if these 2 leaders are Raider or Para-Marine. Is there errata or a way to determine if these two leaders can be deemed as...
  8. Jon

Pegasus Bridge Campaign Game 1: German Gun question

Hi In PB GG 1 "Coup de Main", the German 50l AT is emplaced but unpossessed at start as per Initial SSR I-2 Is the German player able to attempt recovery of the Gun in the Rally Phase of British turn 1? I see nothing to prevent it but its seems almost pointless to have the SSR. Thoughts...
  9. Jon

Pillbox and HIP

Hi Situation: DEFENDER also has a Pillbox A pillbox Location is Concealment Terrain (B30.7) By B30.7, if a Pillbox sets up hidden, so do its contents By SSR, no Fortifications are allowed to set up HIP Also by SSR, the DEFENDER is allowed to setup a number of un its HIP So which is of the...
  10. Jon

Final protective fire vs CE AFV

The +2CE is a DRM but it is not a TEM. So it has to pass just a normal PTC to use FPF Cheers Jon
  11. Jon

Some SASL rules questions

S6.1 , last 2 lines and the Priority List following seems to suggest that separate Action DRs would be made. "If a Location has multiple units that must have separate Actions determined, use the following to determine the order:"
  12. Jon

Some SASL rules questions

Hi I've been giving SASL a try out over the holiday period. Some random questions I have are: 1) ENEMY S? will prevent Friendly units gaining concealment as they are considered a Good Order unbroken Enemy unit (S3.1). However, do ENEMY S? cause Friendly units to lose concealment? Or does a S...
  13. Jon

Favorite SSR or the one you'd like to see:

Should be in any rewrite of of A20.5 "Guards may not move in any way that decreases the range to an enemy unit"
  14. Jon

LOS Issue Boards 43 48

It should be +2 Hindrances, +1 for Grain in C8 and then +1 for either C9 orchard or D8 grain You don't count both C9 and D8 because both hexes are 3 hex range from the firer in 43DD9. See A6.7 last two sentences and the example Cheers Jon
  15. Jon

B13.41 VCA change on a woods-road hex

The image in my OP is from the Crossing the Moro map. That's what we were playing this week when the question arose. I find it ludicrous that the cost to change VCA if a vehicle is in woods to be 2MP, but it costs 4MP to change VCA in a woods-road if done across a non-road hexside, especially...