Recent content by Johnny Canuck

1. J

More thoughts on the Scenario Designers Guide

I doubt that I'll ever get around to designing scenarios, but thought I'd buy the ASL Scenario Designers Guide to help me understand a bit more about scenario development. Although a lot of this information is common sense, it's nice to see it presented in a single book. Furthermore, I would...
  2. J

New members introduce yourself here

Sure looks like it to me. In the past year, they've released or republished and possibly more: - ASLSK#2 - ASLRB - BVv3 - AoO Sounds like commitment to me. . .
  3. J

Non-historical scenarios

"Many players (Curt Schilling among them, I think) are insistant that scenarios represent specific actions." I'll give the purists a pass thanks.
  4. J

Big MMP Announcement from Brian

I don't recall seeing Perry mentioned in any of this, but I haven't been following MMP goings on all that closely.
  5. J

Big MMP Announcement from Brian

I doubt there was any single 'cork'. Sounded more like LOTS of work to do across several projects, and too few people doing it.
  6. J

Computer ASL

I guess if they fuck it up, I won't buy it. Otherwise, it's a done deal. I don't see a loss on my part either way.
  7. J

MMP Sale

Well, that put me over my monthly gaming budget.
  8. J

A personal note from the staff

In my opinion, that would be: - AoO, ASLRBv2, BVv2 and J6 seem to be the most important ASL related projects. If so, prioritize them, and get them done. - Provide believable delivery dates for 1 if not 2 products. Things I'd ask myself are: - Have I developed a work plan? - Have I...
  9. J

AOO & ASLRB Update

A month? More likely, it would be many months delay. I (thought I) recalled hearing last year that the ASLRBv2 reprint was imminent as there weren't going to be any changes to it. That's kind of funny in retrospect.
  10. J

ASL Counters

By considering new counters, etc, MMP could be just defocusing their efforts. They've already made many ASL commitments with: - AoO - BVv2 - ASLRBv2 - VOTG - J6 - God only knows what else I'd recommend they review their critical paths and priorities as a team, and start focusing on...
  11. J

MMP on Production of ASL stuff

If folks at MMP is spread a bit too thin, then it's probably time to take stock of the situation, and determine the priorities. Gene Kranz: Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.
  12. J

What do you think about ebay?

If it weren't for EBay, I wouldn't have BVv2, or many other core modules. Sad, but true.
  13. J

Non-ASL Games Sale on over at MMP

I'm glad I ordered a bunch of ASL titles in last year's sale, as there don't appear to be any this year.
  14. J

Which ASL modules do you own?

The scaling on these graphs sucks big time.
  15. J

How did you aquire your ASL collection

In early 2003, after getting kind of tired of online cheaters and lamers, I thought I'd try a different approach to gaming. A board game!! I did some research, which ended up at: - Squad Leader - Axis and Allies - Warhammer 1) Squad Leader was out of print. There was a later edition...