2. johnl

SP246 Triggerline Zoebel - AAR

Actually the mouse drag threshold tip is pure gold. Danke
  3. johnl

The ultimate ASL preach

Protozoan counters now!
  4. johnl

Long March CG

That, sir, was rude. A gentleman might have replied "I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that Paul had passed away." YMMV
  5. johnl

SP246 Triggerline Zoebel - AAR

With apologies to Herr Oberst you can accomplish a similar line up by setting up your 1/2" counters in a line on the board then selecting the whole lineup and moving it off board. Not quite OCD but maybe good enough to fool the uninitiated.
  6. johnl

The ultimate ASL preach

A protozoan walks into a bar...
  7. johnl

Altering songs for ASL: The Weird Al Effect

I love to belt it out in kareoke (sp?) sessions. Mahaps I'll use the new lyrics. Can't sing worth a d**n, though.
  8. johnl

Altering songs for ASL: The Weird Al Effect

My mother was a tailor She sewed that new feldgrau My father was a gunner man Down in old Rheingau
  9. johnl

Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Format NA. I'll play anything. How about a "woofers" tourney with a catchy title like "Dogs of War" or "Laugh it up, fuzzball". Hard to come up with a way to score it, though.
  10. johnl

Turnscrew Sniper

If you roll a 3-6 there is no sniper attack, or am I missing something?
  11. johnl

sM

Let me take a crack at this one, if only for my own self. A vehicle can assume three basic states: stopped, non-stopped, and moving. These states are perfectly explained by sparafucil, Eagle4ty, et AL above. The rule syntax moving/non-stopped should be read moving and non-stopped, moving or...
  12. johnl

AP4 / ASL186 L'Abbaye Blanche - AAR

Herr Von Marwitz Thanks for the detailed narrative. I learned a few things about bocage, which I have not played much and that you can Intensive Fire SMOKE, which I never realized.
  13. johnl

New members introduce yourself here!

atago44 Welcome back! Armchair ASLing is what I did also for many years as I expect many here have. Your story is very familiar. If you ever get to a point where you would like to play, you might consider PBEM using VASL. With a willing opponent, and there are many, you can spend whatever...
  14. johnl

Star Wars ASL

East Side Gamers Zombie pack was somewhat of a hit, as I recall. Go for it!
  15. johnl

Perry Likes

Depends on whether you're the hacker or the hackee