Recent content by John Fedoriw

1. John Fedoriw

Play by Skype

I think if you tried VASL odds are you would like it. It really is an awesome ap.
  2. John Fedoriw

Valor of the Guards or Red Barricades

This poll is even more ridiculous than the Action Packs vs Croix de Guerre 2nd ed poll. Its Stalingrad people!!! You should have 2 copies of both....they are both awesome!! And as for Ginger and Maryanne - Ginger AND Maryanne was the correct answer. You also want both BUT you know Ginger is the...
  3. John Fedoriw

Manila Cellar question

UGH!! How did I miss that? I feel like an idiot. That is one of the main problems with getting old I find. I read stuff and then 5 minutes later I forget it. Thanks Klas. Sorry for the unnecessary question.
  4. John Fedoriw

Manila Cellar question

Hi gents, "SF4.46 COLLAPSE: The B23.41 cellar rules apply unchanged to a SF cellar except as stated otherwise." The B23.41 rule is called cellars BUT it also deals with rubble-ing the buildings and so on....so those particularts must be the rules that apply unchanged to all buildings...
  5. John Fedoriw

Action Packs vs Croix de Guerre 2nd ed

You guys' need to get a life ....why are you taking this stupid poll instead of playing ASL LOL!? Everyone knows you need both anyway...
  6. John Fedoriw

Hi - You were looking for David Croome's email. It is in this thread...

Hi - You were looking for David Croome's email. It is in this thread: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/vasl-email-opponent-wanted.174020/
  7. John Fedoriw

Is HE considered special ammo?

It is special ammunition for THAT Weapon even though it's just HE. Yeah when you put it that way it makes sense. Thanks Carl. You are always great for answering questions.
  8. John Fedoriw

Is HE considered special ammo?

Playing some Korea and per W3.11 EARLY KW ROK: "...No vehicle/ordnance has any Special Ammunition (C8.);.." If I have a M1 57L AT gun does the HE7 count as special ammo? Or is it normal ammo with a depletion number? The index for special ammo refers you to section C8 BUT that section does not...
  9. John Fedoriw

LOS into a depression from a higher level.

Sorry I should have searched better before posting. Every time I do I never seem to find what I need though so I guess I am getting lazy. Thanks gents.
  10. John Fedoriw

LOS into a depression from a higher level.

Hi gents, My opponent and I have a disagreement. Can the unit in U4 see into W3? I cite: A6.3 DEPRESSIONS: Certain terrain types are defined as being relatively narrow slits carved into the surface below ground level. Although they present no obstacle to LOS between units at or above ground...
  11. John Fedoriw

Late War HASL

I think its reputation is pretty favorable. I liked what I played from it.
  12. John Fedoriw

Late War HASL

Hatten is late war too.
  13. John Fedoriw

Light Woods Transformation not working on board 2

Wow talk about quick friendly service. Thanks very much. 🙂
  14. John Fedoriw

Light Woods Transformation not working on board 2

Hi gents, I just tried to transform woods on board 2 to light woods and for some reason it did not work. Does anyone know why? It worked OK on board 50. (I am pretty sure board 2 is current (doesn't VASL automatically update now anyway?)) Is there anything I can do to get it to work...
  15. John Fedoriw

Korean Steep Hills Design Question

Thanks for the detailed explanation Kenneth. It really makes sense now especially in regards to making the rules compatible with the inventory of existing boards. Design for effect abstraction indeed.