Recent content by Joe Moro

1. Joe Moro

Sudan Defence Force Motor Machine Gun Companies

Hi Alan all help is appreciated. Had a look at the British official history: The Mediterranean and Middle East. Volume I, The early successes against Italy : to May 1941 the authors in page 169 mentioned that in 1940 the SDF had locally produced Armoured Cars: "In June 1940 it comprised...
  2. Joe Moro

Hi Alan thank for the info. From my readings a number of sources mentioned the SDF had to do with old equipment, thus eaning towards old card dating back to old RAF types from the 1920's or 30's modified to suit local conditions. The Harrington's were "new"models and the Sudan was a backwater...
  3. Joe Moro

In the process of doing a scenario set in the early days of the East African Campaign. Does anyone one know what armoured cars the SDF Motor Machine Gun Companies used in early 1940? This is what i have: Each company was comprised of up to 7 Armoured Cars, 6 unarmoured vans carrying a bren...
  4. Joe Moro

Where would I be able to find...

Hi Alan the Kindle App is free i believe...
  5. Joe Moro

J158 It Don't Come Easy

I was Roy's opponent. For the Germans, everything went right, notwithstanding me making some foolish decisions. I pressed hard early on and was able to get to into some good positions early without losing any of the tanks. It does help having the dice on your side.! Thank you for the game Roy !
  6. Joe Moro

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Hi Bjorn not sure if you are getting my emails...we need to start soon Cheers
  7. Joe Moro

Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

Great venue and host. Even though lost every game, i had a ton of fun..thanks guys. See you all next year
  8. Joe Moro

Lock your rooms!

In over 10 years of playing on VASL, i never locked my room - and was happy to have people come in and chat about the game Now it seems that is a must to lock the room I know this a generalization: but is this a microcosm of where we are heading as a society?
  9. Joe Moro

Lock your rooms!

I was George's opponent. Lucky i had saved the games as soon i realized something was not right. So we were able to continue game unscathed.. but we lost a few minutes resetting.. a bit of a pain, but it could have been a lot worse.
  10. Joe Moro

VASLeague Europe Oceania Round 2 RESULT Hi Enrico Joe Moro (Italian) defeated Will Fleming (British) in FT250 Italian Behemoth Will was unlucky in losing his ATR early in the game, therefore my tin cans were able to move freely. I think the Brits need the balance in this one - (an extra...
  11. Joe Moro

ANZACon April 27th-28th April 2019

UPDATE Less than two weeks to go LAST CALL!! Less than 2 weeks to go before AnzaCon 2019 is due to start Everything has been set- Venue organized, scenario selected and prizes sorted ! We are ready to go!! We still have limited spots available Come and join us for a fantastic weekend of...
  12. Joe Moro

...and we are done!..I was not able to stop Chris getting the required VP's. It didn't help my cause bogging the halftrack and breaking the gun on the Jadpanzer and then rolling a recall!!. Well done Chris..maybe next time!
  13. Joe Moro

ANZACon 2019 - Update Less than 4 weeks to go!! We have 14 participants !! - some are relatively new players. so if you are newbie, please don't be shy and come and join us Jamie has been hard at work, and found 4 scenario that in his words are "action packed...and nasty"! And with the help of...
  14. Joe Moro

Chris Mazzei and I have started J175 Bedburg Bite. His Canadians entered unscathed, as my (too) forward defence was not able to do any damage. Still a long way to go..but my Germans looks have a lot of work to do.
  15. Joe Moro

Quick update!! Since Saturday we had three more players registering...so if you thinking of joining us, i would encourage you to act now as we have only limited spots left!! Cheers