Recent content by jlbetin

1. jlbetin

Hello from France! Happy to meet new gamers

He ho les gônes on cause English Faut pas déconner on est pas dans les traboules Der WanderQuartierStJean _____________________ The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a ███ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since...
  2. jlbetin

The May 1940 Campaign Scenario design

I always keep this scenario in mind. And I'm returning to work with it It is still a what-if scenario, I'm continue to fill in the OOB It will takes time to finish but it is a dream I want to transform in reality Der WanderMay40NoMore ______________________ The Best weapon ever:a good Joke...
  3. jlbetin

Metaxas-line

This is an interesting story about fortifications and defense line In France we had had rthe same problem, an agreement with Belgium avoided the French to continue the Maginot line up to the sea. It was for certain that Beligium had fortified the dyle river and the Albet Canal line. In real...
  4. jlbetin

Introduce Yourself!

As forum moderator I just want to say "Welcome Aboard" Do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you want. Remember there are no silly questions, but sometime answers are :smoke: To get an opponent just open a thread in the main forum and put your request for opponent in the title The...
  5. jlbetin

On hold, as I'm full on my tournament turn 3 scenario testing. At now, I'm still installing unitsi in the force editor. Der WanderMultiProcessorInOneBrain
  6. jlbetin

Introduce Yourself!

Euuuh Are you sure ???? Some needs special blue pills :angry: Der Wander53_in_January
  7. jlbetin

I'm tempted by the following system I already used for Operation Lion de mer and Second Battle for France for the US units Main formation title XX ARMEE sub formation YY DI - XX ARMEE and for units ZZ RI - YY DI Der WAnderIGotAnIdeaItIsPainful ___________________ The Best weapon...
  8. jlbetin

Your opinion QUESTION : For playability, is it better to define a unit or tank member of the 2 Light Mechanised Division by instance the 8th Cuirassiers as 8EME CUIRASSIERS or as 8 CUIR - 2 DLM Your answers ? Der WanderWhat'sYourName _______________________ The Best weapon ever:a good...
  9. jlbetin

In my mind and following ATF40 what if of Louis Capdebosq, as Gamelin was out of service, Generals like Huntzinger, George and obviously Colonel De Gaulle could have deeply influenced the general "fighting spirit of French GQG". Remember too that Daladier and French parliament was offering all...
  10. jlbetin

Remember my initial hypothesis Best of French We have De Gaulle, since 1938 who have influenced in a substantial way the GQG to see his Line division created, for him medium tanks are D2 or S35, due to war production effort, D2 production is discontinued but the 100 are affected immeditaly to...
  11. jlbetin

Boys keep cool and keep our feet on the ground, do not expect massive change in TO&E and habbits of our officers :D We are working with option A Following figures of GBM at may 40 we may have, including pre war production 700 B1BIS R40/R35 -> 1100 900 H39 + 400 H35 (using the new...
  12. jlbetin

I can force some units in garrison mode (mostly Blegium, Brits ans 1st Army) in the defense line as they have to do the job the GQG order them hold the line. After the 15th of May ally player will be free. I do not want to invent a new strategy, I want to show if folowing the historical...
  13. jlbetin

Looking at last articles of GBM about DCR the self propelled guns were ready to enter the fight in July-October 1940 time frame. Weapons would be As40 with 75mm and Loraine based 105mm gun Der WanderParStGeorgeViveLaCavalerie _________________________________ The Best weapon ever:a good Joke...
  14. jlbetin

Yes Yes Yes, it was like this that I thought the TO, Best SoSo and real I just want to explain to 1940 campaign newbies the implications of each TO Concerning German, I do not think TO is usefull, they are at their best, their strategy is the correct one. The only question is : "Is the...
  15. jlbetin

Yeap I thought about this one to, it was a real surprise for the belgium troops of the fort they were not in defense mode when the german launched the attack and the fort commander did not got the right to fire on the bridges he was obliged to get orders from HQ, orders he never get. It could...