Recent content by JimWhite

1. JimWhite

VASL won't load a map

As I mentioned in my post I did do that...although it still didn't work until I did the second step Doug suggested.
  2. JimWhite

VASL won't load a map

I did all that and still no joy. However, after I did the highlighted suggestion from above...it worked! :)👍👏 It has been so long since I downloaded/installed a new board I didn't realize that those two preferences no longer matched. Thanks!
  3. JimWhite

VASL won't load a map

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before...but I have never had a problem with it until now. My CG opponent and I were both emailed a VASL map for playtest purposes. His arrived with no .dat file type (although his settings might have had file types turned off). I received the exact same...
  4. JimWhite

HIP units and how to remember where they are...

I was going to post the same suggestion. I do it all the time. When I click to highlight the tank inevitably I will say to myself, "why are there two link lines? Oh right...ACQ marker AND an armor leader."
  5. JimWhite

Rooftop LOS

I believe they are.
  6. JimWhite

Rooftop LOS

Pretty sure VotG factories are level 1.5 and in this case rising from map level 0. Also...the 1/2 level debris and rubble are on map level 1 which makes them level 1.5. I think... 🤪
  7. JimWhite

Rooftop LOS

I'm pretty sure I know the answer...but you guys know how it is...once you start questioning your rules knowledge then all hell breaks loose in your head sometimes... 🤪 Anyway...assume there is a unit on the Rooftop of FF7 in each of the below images. In this first one...does the Debris in BB9...
  8. JimWhite

Mortar spotters

My regular CG opponent and I only use VASL...and take advantage of the "linking" feature between the actual mortar and its ACQ marker. So when the weapon fires we place the required fire counter on the ACQ marker to remind the owner that it has fired. Since a concealed or HIP weapon does not...
  9. JimWhite

VotG: Refit Phase and captured (and subsequently malfunctioned) flamethrowers

Yeah...looking at the RF rules...they cleared up all the confusion pretty well.
  10. JimWhite

VotG: Refit Phase and captured (and subsequently malfunctioned) flamethrowers

V12.6154 FT / DC: Each FT/DC removed from play during the preceding scenario (regardless of why it was removed) is Retained by its original owning side only if it was removed by an Original effects DR ≤ 10; otherwise, it is Eliminated. Place each such Retained SW in the friendly side's...
  11. JimWhite

Thrown DC

Just an FYI for some of the newer folks...if you drop the DC from two levels or higher above the target the thrower does not get attacked back. Works great in city environments...:)
  12. JimWhite

Night and Freedom of Movement

That's the way we played it it...just checking to see what the masses thought about it. Thanks,
  13. JimWhite

Night and Freedom of Movement

Probably doesn't/won't happen very often...but it did in our VotG CG. During a daytime scenario a German AFV is immobilized...and the scenario subsequently ends. The Russian declares a night counterattack so the German has no chance to recover the vehicle during the ensuing Refit Phase. The...
  14. JimWhite

Setup at night in VotG

Including in non-concealment terrain? I believe they can...but for some reason my brain is going sideways on this one... 🤪
  15. JimWhite

Setup at night in VotG

Been playing this for years...now have a senior moment brain cramp... Can both sides set up concealed in non-concealment terrain at night in VotG? Or just the Scenario Defender?