Recent content by Jim Cobb

1. J

Another Enemy Raider gone

NNow,now, you'll upset all the rocket scientists who claim the DG's graphics aren't detailed. :laugh: Great shots! Thanks.
  2. J

Another Vicksburg

I'd like to play somebody if they don't mind one or two games a week. PM me.
  3. J

Aspern and Essling scenario

Enjoying this. Just finished a novel about A-E called "The Battle". Author's name escapes me at the moment. French fellow.
  4. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Mr. Raven's preview is grand.
  5. J

Hearts of Iron 2

No longer possible un HoI2
  6. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Just ran through the to torials. Tech, production and diplomacy much different, graphics more polished, combat simpler. Very large manual.
  7. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Yeah, save $20 and d/l 1.06c and the CORE mod. That and a better manual is all the Platinum is.
  8. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Have you kept up with the patches?
  9. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Love that mod.
  10. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Now, I'll warn you" I liked the original. I'm a "half-glass full" guy. The bugs were irritating but the possiblties enthralled me.
  11. J

Hearts of Iron 2

Just a heads up that that I'll be posting here on a beta copy of HoI2/ My posts will NOT be a substiture for the preview someone else is doing for the Armchair General site.
  12. J

c++ exception?

I had the C++ errors ealy on in a pre-release version but none with the last release exe.
  13. J

Harpoon 4 Cancelled

Only some wishful thinking. Ubi may release the code. The question I have is how much better would H4 be compared to expansions and addons to PC H3 and HC 2002 Gold. Frankly, I feel a lack of directions from gamers about what significany gameplay features they want that couldn't be added to...
  14. J

Harpoon 4 Cancelled

I was right the first time; it;s dead.
  15. J

Any board gamers out there?

For a fast but elegant game, "A House Divided", republished by Phalanx.