Recent content by Jim Burris

1. Jim Burris

Looking for Special Ops Issue #7

Hello All, I am looking for a copy of Special Ops Issue #7. I am missing the scenarios from it, scenarios O13, O14, S60 and S61. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
  2. Jim Burris

FT224 The Guardians of Hell's Gate

Hello, Does anyone have a copy of FT224? I seem to have lost mine. Apparently it came with Kampfgruppe Scherer from LFT. I looked through my copy of Kampfgruppe Scherer and through all my LFT scenarios and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
  3. Jim Burris

VASSAL won't launch

I have used VASSAL on my Alienware a few months ago. I tried to run it tonight and it wouldn't launch. I ran it as administrator. Nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Same thing, nothing happens. No screens, no errors, the cursor spins for a few seconds is all. I had to...
  4. Jim Burris

St Louis Tournament July 26-28, 2019

Another St Louis tournament is in the books. Thanks to Doug Kirk for another great scenario list, to Jeff Ital for the "Brummbar" trophy and everyone who attended. Bob Bendis took first with a record of 5-0. Congrats Bob for an impressive performance. 2nd George Tournemire 4-1 3rd Stan...
  5. Jim Burris

CE, DFF, and BFF

I thought it was the other way, the defender could Defensive Fire as you became CE before you could BFF, but I guess not. It is good to know you can go CE and BFF without the defender having a chance to shoot. Those AAMGs come in handy during BFF.
  6. Jim Burris

Hatten

Is there any progress on getting a Hatten map for VASL?
  7. Jim Burris

St Louis ASL Tournament, July 27-29, 2018

The 2018 St Louis ASL tournament is in the books. The top 10 finishers are as follows: 1 Randy Shurtz 5-0 2 Rich Domovic 4-1 3 Travis Reed 4-1 4 Wes Vaughn 4-1 5 Bob Bendis 4-0 6 Dave Ginnard 3-2 7 Mike Reed 3-2 8 Bob Zinselmeyer...
  8. Jim Burris

St Louis ASL Tournament (20th Annual) July 28-30, 2017

Here is a detailed excel spreadsheet with the scenario breakdown.
  9. Jim Burris

Top 10 from the tournament 1 Rich Domovic 5-0 2 Toby Pilling 4-1 3 Scott Martin 4-1 4 Dave Ginnard 4-1 5 Robert Wirthlin 4-1 6 Peter Ward 4-1 7 Wes Vaughn 3-2 8 Rich Spilky 3-2 9 Bob Zinselmeyer 3-2 10 Craig Walters 3-2
  10. Jim Burris

The 20th annual St Louis ASL Tournament is now in the books. Thanks to all who contributed and attended!!! It was a fantastic tournament. The top three places went to 1st Rich Domovic 5-0 2nd Toby Pilling 4-1 3rd Scott Martin 4-1 I'll post more results later tonight.
  11. Jim Burris

Hello All, St Louis is hosting our 20th Annual St Louis ASL Tournament this year. The dates are Friday, July 28 through Sunday, July 30. Round 1 starts on Friday at noon. You can register here http://www.jaburrissite.com/ASLtournament.html Doug Kirk is working on the scenario list and says...
  12. Jim Burris

A-T Ditch Enter/Exit

I have a quick question about AT Ditches. B27.56 ANTI-TANK (A-T) DITCH: states that an A-T Ditch is treated the same as a trench except that no vehicle may enter and unbridged A-T Ditch and Infantry must pay two MF plus COT to enter/exit the counter of an A-T Trench. (I think this should say...
  13. Jim Burris

Prisoners In Melee

I have a few questions that came up recently regarding Prisoners, Guards and Unarmed Units in CC. Here is the circumstance. At the beginning of the Route Phase there is one unpinned GO SS squad and one broken SS squad ADJACENT to a British Hero. Due to their position the broken SS squad is...
  14. Jim Burris

Minefield Clearance

Thanks for the answers. The argument to not allowing a unit to move into a minefield and then attempt to clear it is that it must become TI to do so and according to A4.8 TEMPORARILY IMMOBILIZED a TI unit may not move, advance, fire or perform other labor tasks anytime during its Player Turn...
  15. Jim Burris

Minefield Clearance

I have a few minefield questions that came up recently. They relate to clearing mines. B28.6 CLEARANCE says Infantry may attempt Minefield Clearance as per 24.74. B24.74 MINEFIELD says Unpinned, Good Order Infantry in a minefield location (but not on top of a Wire counter) which has not fired...