Recent content by Jim B

1. Jim B

Hi Steve: another Marine and Kansan whose been in SK for a year and in my first few full ASL...

Hi Steve: another Marine and Kansan whose been in SK for a year and in my first few full ASL scenarios. Happy to help playtest that will help me learn ASL too.
  2. Jim B

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I just obtained a copy of Op Veritable and am hoping to find an opponent for it. Just graduating from SK to full ASL. PS...spent time with 3/4, 3/2, 3/24 and HQCo 24th Mar.
  3. Jim B

Live VASL game(s) wanted - full rules or SK

Hi Scott: I've been very lucky to find VERY patient, experienced players who've helped me over 5 months through SK 1-3. None of these SKs do I feel I've mastered...still very much a rookie. But I am happy to play for experience and attempt to play ASL scenarios that don't introduce a lot of new...
  4. Jim B

Flooded grain hex

Thank you, SQLGuru, your advice made me reexamine the board and the possibilities with a new understanding...It became clear to me during this scenario, with your advice, that the water filled grain hexes were not an option. It is for me, six weeks into my serious effort to learn the game (with...
  5. Jim B

Flooded grain hex

Thank you very much for that definition...very very helpful. Jim
  6. Jim B

Flooded grain hex

Comment please on the consequences of flooded grain hexes as called for in SK S19. What is the reference in the rules?
  7. Jim B

Online tournaments

Thank you, very much. Jim
  8. Jim B

Online tournaments

Tobias: Now, I am sure that if the 'Events & Tournaments Board' was a snake, it would have bitten me to death by now. However, I woefully admit I have now looked through the menu bar, "Forums through Members," and used the advanced search engine...and I can find no such 'Events & Tournaments...
  9. Jim B

Online tournaments

Thank you.
  10. Jim B

Online tournaments

Given the ongoing worldwide plague, is there a chance some folks are organizing VASL tournaments?...especially SK-level tournaments for those of us still grappling with resids, LOS, and other such weighty matters. I'm new to the game, but would be happy to help someone whose done it before if...
  11. Jim B

The near future...

Are there VASL SK tournaments planned for this fall? "It seemed like a good idea at the time."
  12. Jim B

SK smoke question

In the PFPh, a German 81mm mortar wants to place smoke to screen infantry MPh movement. Is it a matter of declaring the target hex as area fire, rolling 7 or less (assuming no DRMs, range or LOS issues), and with that hex thus acquired, simply placing the smoke counter in the hex, or do I have...
  13. Jim B

Two questions

Thank you Bill and Spencer for that help.
  14. Jim B

Two questions

I am a veteran of nearly 6 SK1 scenarios (hushed awe reverberates through the ether), played against a very, very patient mentor. So, two questions: 1. I notice on the VASL site when you enter the 'main room,' there's an indicator for someone looking for a game....I've yet to see that...
  15. Jim B

Collecting ASL

I have shrink-wrapped editions of SK 1-4 in my stash. I'm 70 with a pacemaker....but I remain optimistic about resale value. Perhaps I should consult the close combat odds table?