Recent content by jguritza

1. jguritza

World in Flames - any opinions?

I have toyed with the idea of getting the game but there are so many expansions. If I were to get the game and like it I think I would start buying all the expansions. How many expansion to date are available?
  2. jguritza

Call of Duty: Big Red One

Finest Hour was a large let down. All the hype around Call of Duty 2 might be worth waiting for.
  3. jguritza

Is DBA the perfect game?

I guess that is the beauty of miniatures is you can develop and change rules as you go on. We have several rules that we had to tinker with because they were overlooked in the core rules. One good example was Battleground WWII. If a unit fired an antitank weapon and you missed that was it. We...
  4. jguritza

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

If I rememebr correctly doesn't the game board color require the high price??? :laugh:
  5. jguritza

Warhammer

We used to have a warhammer thread here a little while back. There are several people here that would love to talk warhammer...
  6. jguritza

Is DBA the perfect game?

Regionally where I am at if you are playing 15mm ancients you are playing DBA. What rule set do you play with? No rule set is perfect. I find myself picking and choosing the elements from one rule set and taking another element from another rule set.
  7. jguritza

Some of the more popular ones can get up there in price. You can also find some good deals though!
  8. jguritza

Rome: Total War Demo

I knew it! They put the Dumbo cheat code in after all!!! :laugh:
  9. jguritza

Re: Cheapass! Witch Trial from Cheap Ass games is a group favorite. The Kill Dr. Lucky and Save Dr. Lucky is also a favorite...
  10. jguritza

Is DBA the perfect game?

I will clarify a little bit. I play DBA and love it. To me it is a great game that is widely played. You go to any historical miniature convention and you are most likely to see or play DBA. The rules are simple to learn but there are some sticking points. In terms of easy to learn and...
  11. jguritza

Is DBA the perfect game?

It's a good game but I have yet to find a miniature game that is perfect!
  12. jguritza

How often do you tweak your game?

Wow getting into the personal side of Patrick? :laugh:
  13. jguritza

How often do you tweak your game?

A game has a flaw or weakness that you exploit with experience, do you tweak the game? Do you have a favorite game that you tweak to give it a shot in the arm needed for a new experience? What tweaks and variants do you apply to your games?
  14. jguritza

Sweet! We always added some house rules and some more pieces to Risk. We found a ton of variants out there. Our favorite was the Alien Landing variant. Nice random events to add to Risk! I think a good part of game tweaking is a lost art!
  15. jguritza

Board Wargame Longevity

L2’s RUSSIAN CAMPAIGN version is awesome. I got to see it at Origins this past year and I was excited. The game got a few minor upgrades but it all went to improve the quality of the game. I was finishing a Russian Campaign game before I went to Origins and was excited to see the update by L2...