Recent content by jfardette

1. jfardette

Huertgen Forest

That is one awesome board, I'd love to play some scenarios on it.
  2. jfardette

Jfardette@hotmail.com

Jfardette@hotmail.com
  3. jfardette

Looking for Playtesters/Proofreaders for another AP (France 1940)

Interested in playtesting but I’m limited to VASL for the most part, so would be limited to those boards and counters. If that works, send a PM. If not, no worries.
  4. jfardette

CC Reaction Fire Allowed or Not

That was my understanding, but I’ve gotten so many rules wrong lately I wasn’t sure.
  5. jfardette

CC Reaction Fire Allowed or Not

Playing a game in Manila and last turn ended with a 448, DC and a motion tank in the same hex. If the tank uses his first MPs to leave the hex, is the 448bstill allowed a CC Reaction fire shot at it before it leaves?
  6. jfardette

Multiple Hits, ever pick the higher roll?

I don’t think multiple hits affects the hit location, just the resulting effect dice rolls. Or maybe I’m mistaken. Just got back from Winter Offensive with a half page of rules I’ve been playing wrong so why not this one?
  7. jfardette

That’s good, hadn’t considered snipers. Also didn’t think about other terrain changes. Might not want shellholes either. Or if firing into a melee might not want to risk the random selection of a KIA or K/# if you have the higher morale or plan on reinforcing the melee.
  8. jfardette

Just looking at one of my tanks and noticed that despite the 75mm gun, it is allowed multiple hits, with the owner getting to choose which roll to take. Under what circumstances would someone take the higher of the two rolls? Maybe if they needed some prisoners and preferred a PIN they could...
  9. jfardette

Winter Offensive Hotel Rooms

Nice lady at reception did work to get me a discount. Not as cheap as the room block but only about $8 more per night. Have some extra bacon at breakfast and call it even?
  10. jfardette

Red Barricades Armor Leaders

Thanks! No matter how many times I read the rules, there’s always something I missed.
  11. jfardette

Found the answer to part 2, but not the original question. O11.6142
  12. jfardette

Just started a game of red Barricades and actually rolled a 10-2 armor Leader for my Stugs. Assuming they don’t leave at the end of the day, am I allowed to switch him into a better tank? Not Talking about abandoning on in play to climb into another, but during the refit phase. If he does...
  13. jfardette

Campaign Game w/ VASL & Skype? EST weekend mornings?

Impressive. I had a RB CG3 with a regular opponent that took over a year to complete. We went about 25 or 26 days until it was decided. If we had to stop every time there was a DFF, we would still be going at it. There must be a way to shortcut that to keep it moving?
  14. jfardette

Campaign Game w/ VASL & Skype? EST weekend mornings?

I can’t even contemplate PBEM for a campaign game. At 56, I don’t think I will live long enough to see the end! 😀 A 7 or 8 AM east coast start might work for a European who wants to play in the afternoon, but so far I haven’t had any takers. I tried to play with a fellow from Australia who...
  15. jfardette

VASLeague 2023

Interesting back and forth on the round duration. I guess you can’t please everybody. I’m just grateful for the opportunity to play and I’m fine with however Tobias wants to run this thing. that said, it seems like there may be an opportunity here to set something up where people can play at...