Recent content by jeffwinto

1. J

VASLeague 2023

anyone heard from Jason Wert, I have sent him a couple of emails regarding our league game with no response
  2. J

RPT167 Meatchoppers with Knives (part 1)

This one of Korean War scenarios from Rally Point 17. Played with Wes Vaughn, featuring 22 Chinese Squads (6 are reinforcements) vs 14 French and ROK squads (4 squads enter as reinforcements) plus 2 M16 "MeatChoppers". Each side is also equiped with a verity of support weapons: For the UN 5...
  3. J

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

Very well run tourney Dave. I jumped at the chance to attend when you decided to make it a vasl event as my travel budget is limited. Very glad I did. Jeff
  4. J

HIP Pillboxes and Caves in PTO

Setting up for my first Cave Scenario (FT203 - Harakiri Gulch) and wanted to make sure I understand how caves and pillboxes are revealed. Per G.2 E1.16 will apply to Fortifications setup in jungle, kunai or bamboo. Per G1.632 A pillbox setup in concealment terrain by the japanse player will...
  5. J

LFT Deluxe Playthru

Brian Wiermsa and myself have started a play thru of the LFT Deluxe pack via vasl. To increase our enjoyment I have converted the LFT Deluxe boards (d1-d7) with the original artwork to vasl, but at the regular (smaller) size. See the attached to get a better idea of what it looks like. We are...
  6. J

Partial AAR - The Fight for Seoul - Battle of the Barricades

For starters let me say its quite a package 3 booklets (one for each historical map, and one for the campaign rules), 4 historical maps (2 sets of double maps), 2 campaign games (one for each double map), 21 scenarios, a single countersheet (colour coded 768 marines/248 fireteams, Corsairs...
  7. J

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Played Shumilino vs Paul Lauger. Was making good progress with the russians until turn 4 when the German reinforcements arrived. Paul had a solid defense that I could not crack. Jeff
  8. J

FfS Q+A

I will be happy to take you up on the offer for the Q&A session (it fits with other items I have seen in LFT previously).
  9. J

FfS Q+A

Quick reply is appreciated, so we can get started with 2nd date battles! I still would be interested in your experience with design of the campaign game and some of the unique decisions made in the design. Maybe something in the next LFT? Jeff
  10. J

FfS Q+A

Just finished playing first date for the Seoul Campaign Enjoying the campaign so far (playing the KPA maybe I am just a masochist)! Have a couple of questions (sorry if these have been answered elsewhere) Page 7 of the Campaign Games Rules: UN Assault Scenario Victory for CGII The wording...
  11. J

FfS Q+A

I think you got the right guy (of course compared to you I am neither tallish or slender build and my lack of hair has little to do with my hair cut). Jeff
  12. J

FfS Q+A

Andy, My assumption was that the A/E would deploy into 3 248, but I did want to clarify it as it was unclear in the rules. Ok so you can treat a Fortress/High Wall as the building on the other side of a road for determining street fighting (example would be a unit in GG11 being able to declare...
  13. J

FfS Q+A

The rules are clear about using fire teams for marine 768 squads what about the 768 assault engineers? Do they deploy to 3 248 or 2 348 (the 348 is depicted in section 16.2 under USMC Characteristics). I am finding the rules for High Walls confusing. In section 10.2 most of the body of the...
  14. J

St. Nazaire: Operation Chariot counters

What Andy is too polite to say directly is it looks like these are copies of the originals. As Andy already mentioned the only problem of note for the real counters was that they fell off the trees. Easily the best piece of die-cutting for any asl product. These are fakes.
  15. J

FfS Review

Anyone else checked out the WTF counter in the VASL module?