Recent content by jbulloug

1. jbulloug

SL to ASL BPV conversion

Michael, thank you for the SL to ASL "similar" tank data (and thanks Eagle4ty for the halftrack info). Personally I prefer the limited assortment of tanks in SL as it simplifies what I need to remember to use these things effectively in battle, but having perused page after page of Chapter H...
  2. jbulloug

SL to ASL BPV conversion

Thanks Michael. I also wonder if there are any particular ASL AFVs that are close matches to the ones included in SL (not COI/COD/GIA)? That would help me see if there is any correlation between their point cost values. For whatever reason, the terminology in SL differs from that in the later...
  3. jbulloug

SL to ASL BPV conversion

I was wondering about this as well... I guess since this is from 2004 and there were no replies, that this conversion doesn't exist?
  4. jbulloug

Reading a lot lately about SL, ASL, SK, Retro, Tactics II.

Reading a lot lately about SL, ASL, SK, Retro, Tactics II.
  5. jbulloug

Hello, a SL/ASL/SK newbie here

Hello from a newbie to SL/ASL/SK who comes from upstate NY. I'm new to wargaming in general, having moved from D&D with my son to Chainmail, eventually picking up Tactics II at the start of the pandemic since it seemed like it would be fun to play with my 13 year old son. Shortly after I got an...
  6. jbulloug

New to the Squad Leader community on GameSquad? Introduce yourself here

We've found even the SKs to be a little difficult to penetrate. Maybe if I had a longer wargame history I'd find it easier to bend my mind to the ASL/SK way of thinking. I also would love to read John Hill's first draft of the SL game, which apparently was much "chattier" than Don Greenwood made...
  7. jbulloug

New to the Squad Leader community on GameSquad? Introduce yourself here

I discovered Squad Leader in late March 2020 just as the pandemic kicked in. My son and I had just previously started playing Tactics II after ordering a copy on Ebay, and soon learned about Squad Leader. Previous gaming experience was D&D and Chainmail, a precursor battle system for fantasy...