Recent content by Jared Ball 286

1. J

Recruit Tournaments... orphaned?

I told you guys I was ready for game. If you need some one contact me and i'll be happy pound you to dust.
  2. J

What is your favorite war movie?

Good News for the DVD war movie lovers, War and Peace the (1968) version is on sale at amazon.com. They have a special edition for 53.00 and a standard edition for 29.99 Finally a true classic on DVD.
  3. J

Combat Mission 2: likes and dislikes

The eastern front has always been the a interesting subject. To finally play in this piece of history in 3D is a great feeling. The graphics are great and do not take away from the experience, the sound is good too. The only thing I will say that is negative is that as a 1 player game it is...
  4. J

Just to see the soviet tanks moving across open fields is a thing of beauty. Except when they waste 3 out of 5 tanks that was once a platoon of pz-IV's, right Scipio? :dead: He's stompin' on me pretty bad.
  5. J

Naval Simulations 1: Jutland

Sweet Jesus I've been waiting for that one too.
  6. J

I heard of that. Do you know how far along Norm is with it? I can't wait Jutland is a wargame I always wanted to play. Now i finally get my chance.
  7. J

Factories disappoint

O.K. This is a mistake on my part. I just checked again and it says 1.17gigs then I checked the CMBO and it says 801 meg. They were right next to each other and i got them mixed up. Again sorry.
  8. J

With the full game out now I figured I'd start a thread to share our likes and dislikes about the new game.
  9. J

The Wargamer reported today that John Tillers next series of wargames will be real time tactical naval combat with the first game of the series being of the great WW1 battle Jutland Heres the link: http://www.wargamer.com/articles/jutland_announcement/ thought I'd give you a heads up.
  10. J

Factories disappoint

With the game released being 800meg on my hard drive I thought it was suppose to weigh in at 1.2 gigs. where is the other 400 megs? Could that be where our missing winter textures are at?
  11. J

Factories disappoint

I think BTS likes the grass roots approach to making games.
  12. J

Factories disappoint

Well look at this Maddog, Hasbro spent 3 years making Squad Leader for the PC and it had ugly graphics, bad interface,and just wasn't fun. CM 2 was everything I hoped. All I was asking for was the first game translated to the eastern front. I have no problem with the winter sets not being...
  13. J

Factories disappoint

Dude, now that sucks
  14. J

Factories disappoint

That is not how Stragety First looks at it. They are compairing CM to their baby in alot of departments including the modding of their game, graphics, sounds and such. They also are banking on the fact that their game will hit retail stores in the US and Europe. Where as CM only hit retail...
  15. J

Factories disappoint

Good lord it must be driving you crazy. We're all talking about its shortcommings and you haven't even seen it yet. ;) Don't worry you'll get it tomorrow.