Recent content by James Sterrett

1. J

AARs for James Sterrett's 23 October 2004 CPX

Ah - further clarification.... :) The Host in a multiplayer teams game can choose to run 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 simulation minutes every time TacOps executes a turn.
  2. J

AARs for James Sterrett's 23 October 2004 CPX

Chaim's referring to the real-time I permitted for players to enter orders each turn, not to the sim-time elapsed during each turn. :)
  3. J

CPX Fester Wille 22 Jan 2005

I agree - in a perfect world, we'd have kept them as one unit. However, I didn't want to break up the desant companies, so I didn't have a lot of options, so I hoped we'd get some suppression out of the single tubes.... I think that any leg unit under a arty spalsh marker, in TacOps, gets...
  4. J

CPX Fester Wille 22 Jan 2005

Red Commander's AAR Red Commander’s AAR: Fester Wille, 22 January 2005 James Sterrett Ralf Pichocki set up this CPX mid-December after another one fell through. Red got to work on analysis and the operations order in early January. About two weeks before the game, we had our orders out...
  5. J

Umpire Tool: Manage Ammo

This tool would allow the umpire to deplete the ammunition levels on selected units. Selecting units and then selecting the "Manage Ammunition Levels" menu item brings up a float; what is active on the float depends on the units selected. If all units are *identical* in type, then the tool...
  6. J

simulating a depleted unit

Reminds me of a feature I've been meaning to request - deplete ammo. :)
  7. J

OT: List weirdness?

No trouble here....
  8. J

Database request

Quick tip: open one of the Custom scenarios - then you have no units to place or entry points to set.
  9. J

TacOps Tactical Discussion Group #2 - Red Defense

Yep - finished yesterday, and was bloodier than it should have been due to my screwups. :(
  10. J

CPX December 4

Welcome to Red, John - contact Hub for planning info. Email me if you need his email address.
  11. J

Simulating MRSI, and something completely unrelated.

Which - come to mention it - is something I've had cause to be grateful for on a number of occasions over the years. Thank you. :)
  12. J

CPX December 4

Congrats: you are Blue Commander. :) Info on the way in the mail.
  13. J

CPX December 4

Unfortunately, this isn't likely to be short; expect 6 hours. I do need a Blue commander/planner, though!
  14. J

CPX December 4

Hub is Red force commander (via email), though I'm sure he's happy to have some help!
  15. J

CPX December 4

OK, understood. :)