Recent content by J. R. Tracy

1. J. R. Tracy

ASL Bell Tolls

Sad to hear. Good man, generous host.
  2. J. R. Tracy

CC recapture of abandoned Tank

Thanks for digging up that old Q&A, Bill. The bit about needing an enemy unit present was new to me but otherwise it jibes with my understanding. Basically, if you want your tank back, climb back inside in a dignified manner in the MPh, or punch a Nazi in the face along the way and suffer...
  3. J. R. Tracy

HazMo 10 Fresh Grist - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 2

A cool bid might be +1 drms to the GMD reinforcement rolls. You bid three, and win, and three times your opponent can call a +1 on your MMC, SMC, or SW roll. Maybe he can spend them all at once! Of course, if you want the IJA, you can bid -1 drms.
  4. J. R. Tracy

FWIW, I believe the general intent is you shouldn't recrew your own vehicles through capture attempts. You can if you feel you must, but you will suffer some penalties.
  5. J. R. Tracy

However, the third sentence of A21.2 says, "Otherwise, an Abandoned AFV can be captured..." with no mention of 'enemy'. So I believe a friendly unit can recrew but as an actual capture attempt. If it's an originally friendly vehicle, even recrewed by its original crew, it still suffers the...
  6. J. R. Tracy

No, he’s old school: “Suck it up, buttercup, or here’s a bullet for your troubles”
  7. J. R. Tracy

I like it, Bob - the blood will flow early! My only concern is that initial blast of Japanese firepower, but you've given yourself a lot of the board to work with so the IJA will have to fight for every hexrow.
  8. J. R. Tracy

He saw the LOS but wasn't expecting a 3.
  9. J. R. Tracy

You can definitely get more than one MMC per turn (see below); however, only one SW and SMC roll per RPh.
  10. J. R. Tracy

From MMP counter art to Mila 18 NoNsEnsE

Generally speaking, the most recent editions have bigger images. The caveat is Beyond Valor - MMP has done several re-issues and I'm not sure at which point the image size got bumped up.
  11. J. R. Tracy

Scenario HazMo 10 Fresh Grist Opponent Paul Chamberland Renaissance Man Situation This is the dawn of WWII, on the outskirts of Shanghai in September 1937. Paul’s IJA was on the attack with a dozen first liners, three 448 Assault Engineers, an HMG, a pair of mediums, some LMGs, a pair of...
  12. J. R. Tracy

HazMo 3 Seaside Retreat - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 1

The ones I played were all pretty ambitious in terms of situation and scope. I think all would benefit from multiple playings, more so than more run of the mill cards. For instance, I’d like to try the Free French in this one now that I have an idea how aggressive they need to be.
  13. J. R. Tracy

HazMo 3 Seaside Retreat - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 1

At this year's New York State ASL Championship in Albany, I decided to try to play only scenarios from Hazardous Movement - these are big, interesting cards and I looked forward to trying as many as possible. Scenario HazMo 3 Seaside Retreat Opponent Vic Rosso Deep in thought Situation...
  14. J. R. Tracy

Albany Part 2 - DTF11 Greek Tragedy and AP172 Hickory Lickin'

John makes some neat stuff! Love the creativity and finish.
  15. J. R. Tracy

ASLOK XXXV AAR

Peter, I really like it - it's limiting in an historically flavorful way, moreso than the 'AFV first' form. It's a must in this scenario given the paucity of German AT assets. Barring the occasional 2 or 3 by VBM'd infantry the Red armor could freeze with near impunity.