Recent content by Ironmike992003

1. I

This Hallowed Ground - Game in Progress

Sam and I have talked about it, and yes we are. We have almost been playing THG for a year now (I'm a high school basketball coach so the season gets in the way) and we're up to CSA 0915 on July 2nd as we're playing scenario 6.8. We're getting lots better at the game system, though we've made...
  2. I

A couple of questions have come up between Sam and I and we for advice. First of all in my new posting I refer to Pender not being on the move in accordance with AP Hill's latest order. Hill currently has an order in delay, which commands Pender to detach and defend Gettysburg. His...
  3. I

July 2, 1863 Jefferson Davis President, Confederate States of America Honorable Sir, I have been remiss to you and the War Department in sharing information with the situation up here in Pennsylvania. Yesterday at a little town called Gettysburg, a spark of light consequence has...
  4. I

The Use of Command Radius First of all thank you both, and Keith I apologize for making the situation so convoluted, as I re-read I almost wonder what I’m asking. To simplify the issue, and Fezzwig I think you did get the gist of it, Jackson has an attack order. At the time of the attack...
  5. I

I Need Some Advisement on Rules/Play I need some help, to ensure I’m playing the game correctly. Situation: I am playing the Confederates and Sam is playing the Union. During the 7:45 Union turn it was revealed that the Union 3rd Corps had accepted “hidden movement orders” at 6 AM, and...
  6. I

Update of CSA 7:45 Turn It’s been an hour since the last update and a lot has happened. Early in the hour Hood (detached) pushed up the Baltimore Pike to clear it putting him in combat with remnants of the Union 1xst Corps, and the left wing of the Union 12th Corps. While Hood was making this...
  7. I

Updated Action We’ve now played through the CSA 6:45 turn. Union 12 Corps continues to hold the southern slope of Lower Culp’s Hill. Union 11th Corps has retreated to Power Hill, the Union 1st Corps has joined the 2nd in a defense of Cemetery Ridge and the flatland to the east of the ridge...
  8. I

Game Update Sam and I played a couple of weeks ago and I have been out of town since, and he will be out of town this week. So the game has been a little inactive. However before I left we played the Union 0600 turn and the Confederate 0615 turn. I’m starting to feel a little like Lee as I...
  9. I

Stragglers Yes I tried at the 0530 turn and recovered two. I also tried at the 0600 turn and recovered one. It's a little difficult since we're playing regimental loss, but we are getting more efficient with every turn.
  10. I

Update We played Friday night and it was fairly uneventful from a combat perspective. In the limited attacks each side did get an attack resulting in low ammo so some pain was felt. The Union continues to construct a defensive line from Cemetery Ridge (2n Corps) through Lightner Hollow...
  11. I

Game Update Sam and I played the Union (Sam) 5:30 turn and the Confederate (me) 5:45 turn last night. To my surprise the Union has not only withdrawn from Cemetery Hill, but the 1st Corps and 12th Corps have pulled off of Upper and Lower Culp’s Hill as well. The Union is now reconstructing a...
  12. I

Question About Orders In our current game I gave Jenkins a complex order (he accepted, after a one turn delay) that I'm wondering is legal. The order detached the cavalry including the two independent regiments. With this detachment their orders were to set up a HQ to the southeast of Lower...
  13. I

Game Update The Union portion of the 5:15 turn and the Confederate portion of the 5:30 turn were played last Friday night. The 11th Corps was in emergency retreat so they spent the turn trying to form a line to the southeast of Cemetery Hill. The US 2nd Corps is moving into position of...
  14. I

Update on Game Sam and I played last Thursday night and here's the current action as I see it. The CSA 2nd Corps is continuing to attack Cemetery Hill from the northeast. Doles has been the lead brigade in this attack with Daniels joining him. Remarkably the 44th Georgia and 32nd North...