Recent content by Hurmio

1. H

best ever Finnish war movie now available to acg folks!!!

That's the one. It's "Rukajarventie" in finnish.
  2. H

A problem with the CMBB

Thanks! Problem solved. Any idea why the weather effects make the screen go grey? Is it a video card/driver problem or just a known bug? Matti
  3. H

A problem with the CMBB

Hi all, I have strange problem with the game. On some missions, after loading them, i get just a grey screen. The control panel is there but there are no graphics, just grey. This is just on few scenarios. Anyone familiar with this? I have patched the game to 1.03. I'm running a win2k...
  4. H

SPMBT V3 news

Any idea will this be playable on win2k?
  5. H

flight sims?

About il-2 and FB. I think flying is easier in FB. Engines are more powerfull and violent spins and stalls are much more rare. Also recovering from a spin is much easier now than in the early days of the il-2. So if you Dicke Bertha have only the original il-2 i recommend you get the Forgotten...
  6. H

Merry christmass!

Some untold truths about christmass: http://www.woodpeckerfilm.fi/rare/video_large.html It's a long clip but worth the downloading. Merry Joulu for everybody!
  7. H

Flight sims: IL-2 Forgotten Battle

Btw, for those who are interested, UBI has reseased a new patch with few new flyiable planes. P-51D and AM6A5 for example (try to imagine the ammount of whining in the official forum since the P-51 doesn't fly like a tie-fighter...). You can download it from the official site.
  8. H

Civ 3 Conquests

I'm quite sure the Conquest contains all the features of PTW. PTW was a MP add-on, Conquest is for solo. I read a preview which stated that this is how it is. Matti
  9. H

Nothing like the one in SWOTL. It's basically a career mode. You can't plan the missions or change the course of war in any way. That's a bit sad since SWOTL had the best campaign play ever in flightsims. It's the only thing i don't like about FB. I suppose you just can't have it all in one...
  10. H

Me being online depends on how bad hang over i have on saturday. =) I'm having a birthday party tonight and some of my friends have decided to get me "so drunk i'll probably die"... Sounds promising, doesn't it! I think i will survive but i'm not sure if i'm able to fly tomorrow. Matti
  11. H

Thanks! You'll see me when i get a working flight stick. I just broke mine... =( It still works sometimes. I'll try it on saturday when i'm going to practise with my squadronmate. Maybe we'll see then? Matti
  12. H

AI pilots have their own slightly simpler flight modelling. So they do "cheat". =) Don't really know, i haven't tried to play online with a modem... If you have ping over 400 dog fighting is going to hard. Less than that and you can fight without any major warping.
  13. H

I'm not an ace my self. =) I would be one of those average pilots you mentioned before. But if we meet we can fly togetter. Matti
  14. H

We'll probably meet online then! =) I fly as JG52_Turmio. Say hi if you see me. Matti
  15. H

Pressing shift+up once trims the plane only 1 notch. So you need to press it many times. Something like 15 times trims the plane stable on level flight at cruising speed. Not really. But just buying more memory will help a great deal. It's quite cheap right now. Those freezes happen mostly...