Recent content by Hovned31

1. Hovned31

ASL Players Google Map Update

Wayne Boudreaux Lowell, MI and Darien, GA Please add a pin(s) for me as well. Thanks!
  2. Hovned31

HF1 Black Day in Hatten AAR

I played this as the Germans and my experience was similar to yours. Once my line cracked my opponent sent the TDs in to get behind me and cut routs. It was hard to stand up to American firepower as the game went on. Still, I enjoyed the scenario a lot and would play it again as I would most...
  3. Hovned31

Love the avatar.

Love the avatar.
  4. Hovned31

Close Combat vs. a wagon towing a gun

Thanks for the explanation. We did the CC sequentially don't know why I typed non-sequential. First CC against a wagon in the almost 30 years I've played this game!
  5. Hovned31

Close Combat vs. a wagon towing a gun

While playing BFT125, I had a 1-2-7 partisan HS in CC with a wagon in open ground towing a gun with a 2-2-8 crew. Neither myself or my opponent had encountered CC vs a wagon before. We decided to apply non-sequential CC vs a vehicle with the -3 for unarmored vehicle, -1 for no manned usable MG...
  6. Hovned31

Dice Tower

Thanks for the information. I'll check them out.
  7. Hovned31

Dice Tower

I'm looking to pick up another good quality wooden dice tower. The one I have was made by Kevin Klausmeyer in 2000. I use 16mm dice. Any recommendations?
  8. Hovned31

Jackson has just posted that Paul Weir has died.

terrible news......I always enjoyed and appreciated his knowledge of WW II armor.
  9. Hovned31

Sad and angry About VASL 6.5.0

If one is playing a Chinese Civil War scenario who are the Axis and who are the Allies?
  10. Hovned31

Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Ozark. Stranger Things
  11. Hovned31

Closed

I was scheduled to return home from a 6 1/2 month TDY. Replacement guys were told to cancel their travel. So I've been extended for an unknown amount of time. Not the worst thing in the world but I'm not happy about being away from family as this outbreak kicks into high gear. On the other...
  12. Hovned31

A39 Showdown at Tug Argan Pass

I played this once when it first came out. I was in college then and myself and my opponent had been drinking all day before we decided to set this up. In our stupor, we got the maps turned around with the result being the defending Brits set up on the flat open ground and the Italians on the...
  13. Hovned31

RB05 The Last Bid & RO05 Men of Steel combined scenario AAR

Impressive! I would love to do something like this one day.
  14. Hovned31

The troubling trend of two pages for one scenario…

I'm looking forward to the 3 page scenario card.......
  15. Hovned31

FtF ASL in Savannah Ga or Jacksonville FL.

Looking for FtF ASL in Savannah Ga or Jacksonville FL areas. I'm in St. Simons Island GA for the next 6 months and able to travel on weekends. I have my rule book and charts but had to leave the rest of my kit at behind. Need a cat free environment if I travel or you need to bring counters...