Recent content by Houtje

1. Houtje

Fire Group Cowering and Fire Lane

Thanks, Robin!
  2. Houtje

"Would you also prohibit a non selected unit from maintaining the ROF of its MG (e.g. if snakes were rolled)?" No, I don't think so. The idea being: the whole attack was a bit of a hasty and uncoordinated affair, and one or more units (the ones selected by RS) are really done for the time being...
  3. Houtje

The way I read it: when rolling doubles (and no exceptions apply) all units involved cower (the rules elsewhere also say, that the attack cowers; as said, I think that is not helpful). If it's just one unit, it is the one marked FFed of PFed. If there's more than one, RS determines which are...
  4. Houtje

Sorry, the rule (last sentence) does say this: "If a FG cowers, ..." (so not the attack, the FG)
  5. Houtje

It doesn't; it singles out units that get marked: "If a FG cowers, Random Selection is used to determine the unit(s) (and its SW) that becomes marked with a Prep or Final Fire counter." So the whole FG cowers (literally what the rule says), and some or all of the units that cower get marked.
  6. Houtje

But rule A7.9 is, in its entirety, about Cowering. Therefore I think the FG does actually cower as a whole (even when not all participants are marked FFed or PFed); in fact A7.9 says so literally, in the last line: "If a FG cowers, Random Selection is used to determine the unit(s) (and its SW)...
  7. Houtje

I agree it is clear about marking, but not so much about what 'Cowering' involves (and what not); i.e. we don't really know that "lowering the effect of the attack is not cowering in itself".
  8. Houtje

True, but only if one knows what the intent is.
  9. Houtje

"You don't seem to have noticed that A7.9 clearly says that the units that cower are marked by a Prep Fire/Final Fire." No, I didn't miss that. But it is not as clear-cut to me as it seems to be to you or others. E.g., if some units supposedly did not Cower (since not selected by RS), then why...
  10. Houtje

I'm not so sure about this; Cowering has two distinct effects: (1) the affected attack is resolved on the next lower column and (2) any unit that cowers is marked FFed or PFed. When there's a FG, RS determines which units get marked, but the first effect (resolve attack on next lower column)...
  11. Houtje

Berserk and concealed unit

Sure, but the question was not about such exceptions, but about the general interplay between A12.15 and A15.431, and my post was solely about that.
  12. Houtje

Berserk and concealed unit

Agree with Scott; the passage from 12.15 should not merely be read as 'when a non-berserker tries to enter, a concealed defending unit must be revealed' (implying that when a berserker tries to enter, a concealed defending unit need not be revealed); no, it should be read as 'when a...
  13. Houtje

Red Barricades Armor Leaders

Looks like that 10-2 is stug in that particular platoon... 😎
  14. Houtje

Belgian Vehicle Note 15: T-13 Type II(b)

Agreed! I actually just played the first Campaign scenario of LCP's 'Race for the Meuse' and bought this AFV for the Belgian side - partly because it seemed useful for a defensive setup, partly because it looked odd and therefore interesting. It scared a German platoon for a bit, killed a HS...
  15. Houtje

Entrenchings and berserks

Entering a hex and then entering the Entrenchement in that hex are separate things, so no combined movement (except when Routing). You first enter the hex at COT, and may be fired on, and only then (after the defender doesn't want to (or can't) fire anymore) can you enter the Entrenchment (after...