Recent content by Horrido

1. Horrido

Does anyone have any opinions on Buzbe for ASL Storage?

I've been playing since release, so struggling with storage for decades. I hate Plano, even the 3701, but I used them from about 1985 to 2016, so 30 years. I've got a whole gigantic box full of them in my basement, waiting for a local ASL player to buy them off of me. If I had to do it all...
  2. Horrido

Best maps in ASL

Whats with all these people playing ASL asking for changes? Good job MMP for NOT changing the game at each new generational whim. Its why the game is still played. My favorites maps.. Festung Budapest Blood Reef Tarawa Kampfgruppe Peiper I Ans whatever you do, please don't make the geo maps...
  3. Horrido

ASL Raaco sortiment, 2022 edition

I find the only practical way to store vehicles is sorted by their item number, and stored in trays labeled that way.
  4. Horrido

VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

Worked forever on trying to mate the SE boards together cleanly, until it occurred to me that cropping to A would actually remove half of A. I was stuck in the paradigm of full hex cropping. I swear, if it were a snake it would have bit me. Ne crop A-SS half hexes Sa crop A-SS half hexes Fa...
  5. Horrido

VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

I hate facebook so much. This is a private group, I presume? When I go there it says something about the owner only making it available to "a small group of people." I would really love to play this game on VASL. When will a wider public release be available?
  6. Horrido

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

So wait. You spent over $4k on ASL in what, 40 years? What's that? $100 per year? Now that you are retiring you think entertainment will be cheaper elsewhere? hehehehheheh That's a good one, friend. Just shut up and roll the dice. And you should NOT be skipping the HASLs.
  7. Horrido

Best CG games that fit this description...

Manilla has few AFVs, and due to ETO terrain you only have to deal with a few pages of Chapter G. Makes learning the Japanese a little less painful. Hattan has a good balance of AFVs and squads, I thought.
  8. Horrido

Commissars

Love you too, brother. Please don't change the rules, though. With legalization the only thing that works with me anymore is my long term memory. There's gotta be more than 10k people who play ASL. How many copies of Manila were made? That sell rate should tell you your base.
  9. Horrido

Nostalgia Hit...

I started with Little Tin Soldier Shop, on West Lake St. in Minneapolis. That was early 70s. Best game store name ever. They changed their name to Phoenix Games (gag) in the 80s. How do you go from the best name ever, to the worst?
  10. Horrido

Manila errata!

Just want to verify that ETO terrain is in effect, and not PTO.
  11. Horrido

Dozer and pillboxes?

Yes, he's inside. Is the part about the IFT defensive fire correct? The 12 FP attack +2 drm? edit: 12 FP
  12. Horrido

Dozer and pillboxes?

The symbol on the counter is *0/0. The * has me confused. I thought it referred to the note on the back of the counter. Maybe its shouldn't be there because the note is gone per the errata? Just wanted to make sure, because a * next to the side/rear armor factor indicates partially armored...
  13. Horrido

Dozer and pillboxes?

Can he use it if the clearance attempt fails? It's a different location.
  14. Horrido

Dozer and pillboxes?

I thought the intensive fire was fishy. Couldn't put my finger on it. What does the * in *0/0 armor signify, if anything? I see on a Marder there is a *T to signify no rear turret armor. I assume with accompanying infantry, an armored assault is legal, and if the clearance attempt is...
  15. Horrido

Dozer and pillboxes?

I'm learning the bulldozer rules, and pillboxes too. Am I doing this right? An armored Dozer starts adjacent to a Japanese crew with an MMG, inside a pillbox in the CA: He starts - 1MP. DFF option for the Japanese. He moves into the hex (soft sand hinterland, 2MP), DFF option. The Japanese...