Recent content by Honosbinda

1. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Just that one time, as initially expressed, that I was trying to save a setup file in 3.5.4 using vasl 6.2.2-beta and 3.5.4 crashed inexplicably. We are indeed having two threads of conversation in here about both VASSAL modules and perhaps there is an interaction between them. I have no idea...
  2. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

here you go! for 3.5.4: 2021-04-08 12:52:32,367 [15808-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Starting 2021-04-08 12:52:32,385 [15808-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - OS Windows 10 10.0 2021-04-08 12:52:32,385 [15808-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Java version 15.0.2 2021-04-08...
  3. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

No idea. I've explained how to duplicate this error above. Do you want the log I file I tried to click open to see what you get?
  4. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

here are the screenshots of the multiple errors that occur when launching directly from a file saved in 3.2.17
  5. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

I'll let you know when I become unconsciously competent at launching vassal versions instead of clicking on file saves :) I'd say I've reached the consciously competent stage, at least... It is certainly helpful to see what going on when the VASSAL version is in the window. wrt 3.5.5, should...
  6. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Sure, understood. I can try to duplicate it but I think that will be very difficult due to the combination of events. I think it was due to prior double clicking on a saved file for an OLD game that tried to access VASSAL 3.5.4 when it had been saved in VASSAL 3.2.17. That caused some major...
  7. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

I checked all my modules of games played over the years. Many do work, as you said. However, two recent modules I play more than most (other than VASL) are Command and Colors Napoleonics v3.42 and Space Empires 4x c3.07. Neither of these modules are playable with 3.5.4. It's known to the...
  8. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Okay I'll give them a try. thanks. But the later versions aren't working for VASL [saves for 3.2.17], which is the immediate issue. cheers
  9. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Alright, but not the fix I was looking for. Perhaps I should have been more clear about my fuzzy ideas :) Maybe it's time to create a new file association for versions of VASSAL e.g .vsavx. I don't get the impression this is going to be done, though. These new versions beyond 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5...
  10. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Sure! Obviously, hindsite is 20/20 over here too, experience-wise and it was easy enough to figure out the solution on my own, what else could be done? I wouldn't exaggerate how really bad the problem is, though, since it's a relatively minor problem in the big scheme of things. It's not...
  11. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

okay, thanks. It seems unlikely, but Is it possible to change the file association, for example, for all 3.2.17 games to be saved as .vsav2? If it works to do that manually, can this be automated? It would only make a difference if I could click on the file, otherwise, I have to open the version...
  12. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

As you can see, I am not seeing the usual dialog about which file is loaded at all, not to mention the save file comments. I checked preferences but didn't see any switch for this:
  13. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

I was trying to duplicate the chat window 'comments' error to demonstrate I didn't see anything in the chat window. But now I'm getting a different problem. After launching VASSAL 3.5.4, I get an internal error every time I try to launch VASL 6.6.2-beta. I can't get it to open, even after...
  14. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

no, I didn't pull any counters. It was an initial setup to roll for side, so I was just setting up for the log file without pulling counters. The only thing you may not have added was that information table....I did add that. Then attempted to save. So, I never tried to start a log file, it was...
  15. Honosbinda

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

okay. Here is a link to the table generator. It's nice bling, really :) https://asl-players.net/vasl-information-templates/