Recent content by Honosbinda

1. Honosbinda

Ignoring building/woods hex question during rout

English is read the way it is written. Why not change the rule so it reads EXACTLY AS ABOVE -- that is, issue the errata officially as you've stated it -- so it's more clear and is not subject to misinterpretation? I'm sure everyone, like me, is tired of getting into discussions about this. The...
  2. Honosbinda

SASL V3 Changes?

You're right. funny I didn't notice so it didn't bother me. But it would be more consistent with game terminology to have markers 'Friendly/Enemy.'
  3. Honosbinda

SASL V3 Changes?

Thanks for the excellent feedback about rules purposes and intentions. SASL has been moribund for some time, and of course I'm glad they are reviving it. I wonder who is the mover and shaker behind the scenes for changes, or if they are going to just reiussue it with the missing factions such as...
  4. Honosbinda

SASL V3 Changes?

Thanks for posting! 68 pages! even my SASL version 2 has only 31 pages total. Yes, the Play Both Sides is also quite detailed. I'm not so sure though, that the level of detail warrants my time in trying to learn it. Unless there is some duplication of rules, we're talkning about adding 100...
  5. Honosbinda

SASL V3 Changes?

Can you provide a PDF link or web location to access this Fantozzi system? thanks -- sounds interesting.
  6. Honosbinda

Favorite Mission(s)?

Thanks for the swift reply. When converting, I was thinking the best way would be to use the command rules for each side and add a few turns, perhaps some 7-0s to act as 'runners' to enlarge command radius and get round the problem of distributing command. Radio communications could also be...
  7. Honosbinda

Favorite Mission(s)?

Sorry, I missed your gushing about OTO-S2 in the past! I like what you have to say about this mission and particularly interested in converting standard scenarios to SASL -- so you're saying this particular pruduction took a crack at that and solved it (at least for that scenario?). Can you...
  8. Honosbinda

Arctic Crossroads (the sequel)

It's true that Doug is very generous in allowing my comments to pass through unblemished. I often deliver them in a provocatively tongue-in-cheek manner, lest ASLers who frequent Gamesquad take themselves, their attitudes and their hobby too seriously. What I find is that fights in Finland are...
  9. Honosbinda

Learning Solitaire - Daft question #4

Also important is the 'reverse skulk' technique, that is, baiting the AI with a HS (ideally concealed), or even a dummy stack, triggering defensive fire away from more important units doing something nefarious. In a way SASL is even more gamey than regular ASL when it comes to tricking the...
  10. Honosbinda

APh question

ha if we can't humble ourselves playing Solitaire ASL, then only drastic measures remain... such as trying to play 12/41 to 6/42 Russians in a campaign.
  11. Honosbinda

APh question

What do you mean by 'respond?' Units are going to be activated in the advance phase per case b) below, but the ENEMY doesn't shoot in the advance phase just as usual, it's not a phase where they can fire, any units just get set up concealed in the activation location. I suppose it's possible...
  12. Honosbinda

6.6.5 chat window issue

Thanks for checking the font color issue. Also, I appreciate this response explaining the intricacies of coding, of which I am unaware, so not in a position to dispute the statements, nor do I desire to. I'm sure you have better things to do than 'de-improving' things by adding new and more...
  13. Honosbinda

6.6.5 chat window issue

Really? Okay, let's play the "except it does / except it doesn't" game forum expediency, shall we? Except that it doesn't work for all of them, since I don't make stuff like this up. I can't remember which one(s) I checked that it doesn't, sorry. Honestly I was just trying out the new feature...
  14. Honosbinda

6.6.5 chat window issue

Significant problems with a PBEM game along these lines using 6.6.5 just discovered. Another solution is to roll back to the old version 6.6.4 (as the OP suggested works), until the problems are identified and fixed in the new version. These suggested 'field fixes' of extensions are fine as...
  15. Honosbinda

SASL Claus

Thanks for opening this thread. a) In particular regarding overlay selection, I'd like to see some terrain transformation options be available in a randomized manner. For example, especially in suburbs fronting rural terrain, it's hard to imagine two- story stone buildings appearing immediately...