Recent content by holdit

1. holdit

More "real" SMC names please

Yes I know. Companies that make appliances.
  2. holdit

More "real" SMC names please

Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu... and then there are all the cars, Honda, Nissan, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, Toyota... (Or just go with character names from The Seven Samurai :))
  3. holdit

The British European Referendum

The people whose articles you link to so frequently certainly aren't neutral or impartial, but amazingly, that doesn't stop you deeming their utterances credible, even though they are less expert than the experts whose opinions you're happy to toss in the wastebasket because they don't suit your...
  4. holdit

Books: What are you currently reading?

Snap. I started In the Shadow of the Sword, but I've been distracted recently by his "Persian Fire", about the rise of the Perisan empire and its wars with Greece. I've always threatened to get into ancient wargaming and I started the ball rolling earlier this year by buying Field of Glory " on...
  5. holdit

Don't hold your breath. Take a good look at Toby's avatar. A superhero, i.e. a fictional character with pseudo-scientific super-abilities that have been dreamed up by fiction writers and could never really exist. Dressed in a Union Jack. It's a perfect symbol for Brexit. (Except for the Union...
  6. holdit

When were you proven right? You haven't left yet.
  7. holdit

From tabloid newspapers already committed hook line and sinker to Brexit? Yes.
  8. holdit

Meanwhile, to change the subject completely... :) Study suggests that thousands in UK born as result of ‘extreme inbreeding’
  9. holdit

Fuctifino... 😕
  10. holdit

In that case, Cummings must be playing Niedermeyer. :)
  11. holdit

On Britain's unwritten constitution... https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-welcome-to-the-united-kingdom-of-absurdistan-1.4005396
  12. holdit

Now that's succinct analysis. 😄
  13. holdit

When you're a brexiteer, propaganda is all you've got.
  14. holdit

"Analysis". 😄 Still, I suppose in this ever-changing world it's good to see standards being maintained. Even at the bottom of the barrel... Particularly rich coming from a paper whose stablemate rag hacked the phone of a missing, murdered schoolgirl. Some nice sources you cling to there Toby...