Recent content by holdit

1. holdit

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Damn you guys are good! I went to see Samantha Fish live in Dublin before Christmas. Fantastic BLue Rock sound. Here's the same show at the Bataclan, Paris.
  2. holdit

Does anyone have any opinions on Buzbe for ASL Storage?

"So..what do you think of my game shelf?" "Looks great...how many games have you got on it?" "Just the one..."
  3. holdit

ChatGTP

It's a good thing then l that I don't work in either and have no intention of doing so. 😉
  4. holdit

ChatGTP

I tried out ChatGPT on a couple of things: Something technical: How to create an Active Directory Group Poilicy Object to <do something>. Provide the French order of battle for the Battle of Waterloo The first answer was probably correct once upton a time, but after Step 3 or thereabouts...
  5. holdit

Books: What are you currently reading?

I have this but haven't read it yet. Holland's "Rubicon" (the end of the Roman Republic) and "Dynasty" (the Julio-Claudian Caesars) are excellent.
  6. holdit

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

ASL 45 Revenge at Kastelli I didn't like the look of this scenario but it was more fun to play than I anticipated and it went down to the wire. The Greeks sent forces of equal strength against the Germans in the south and north. The attack on the northern group went well, but the southern attack...
  7. holdit

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Good suggestions. I've also noticed that while picking a board I have picked before is quick, picking one I haven't used yet involves a long wait while it is downloaded. It would be nice to have an "update all boards" button that you could click, leave it to do its thing, and have all up-to-date...
  8. holdit

Themed Scenario List Ideas

Pack title: "We could be heroes." :D
  9. holdit

Solo video playthroughs in French

Excellent - subscribed. A good and relevant way to brush up on my French (which was once close to fluent and still isn't bad). I clicked on one at random and clicked ahead to a random point and the first thing I heard was, "Ohh...c'est dur..." Yep, I know the feeling. :)
  10. holdit

Failure to Voluntary Rout

It's working now - Ill add it to the OP. Weird, still don't know what the cause was. Maybe my PC just needed to sleep on it... 😉
  11. holdit

Same result. I also tried adding the image as .jpg, .png and .bmp, and also as a link.
  12. holdit

That doesn't work either. Posted on BGG instead.
  13. holdit

It's the Polish RtPh and No Quarter is in effect for the Poles. The broken German squad must rout and the leader opts to voluntarily rout with it. The Polish 2-4-8 in the cellar drops HIP. The German squad can still rout to the first level, but I was wondering: if the building was Level 1 only...
  14. holdit

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Alternatively, "WIll give up food for ASL."