Recent content by High Krausen

1. H

Reinforcements????

It seems I asked this question 5 years ago and got a response then...I've slept since then and thus forgotten http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?37774-setup-areas
  2. H

Reinforcements????

Hey Guys, returning to TacOps after a bit, and futzing with scenario design. I can't for the life of me figure our how to set up units to come in after the start of the scenario. When I add new units they must be placed on the map...how do you establish reinforcement entry? thanks in...
  3. H

Game Wanted

Looking for a patient opponent to play a scenario from Corinth, Peninsula, Shiloh, or Gettysburg (I could be talked into a campaign of Corinth). I specify patient because I know I am going to be very slow. New son, New Job starting in the fall, gotta sell one house, and buy another...200...
  4. H

setup areas

so, there is no game defined setup area as in some of the canned scenarios? You would have to say something like "Blue set up east of the 03 line and red west of the 17 line" In addition, all forces must start on map...No Reinforcements? HK
  5. H

setup areas

When constructing a two player scenario from the custom scenario template is it possible to assign setup areas and a pool of forces available for deployment within the setup area or must all forces start the scenario on map? Thanks in advance HK
  6. H

Single Player Scenarios

The wealth of support that Tacops gets is alot of what convinced me to buy this game, the way I look at, given the level of attention MajorH pays to upgrading the system, solitaire design may come along some day, in the meantime MBX and CPX look like alot of fun and make it well worth the $25...
  7. H

Single Player Scenarios

Hi MajorH, Thanks for your reply. It appears that the smart move would be to start the scenario and swap the units anew each time rather than starting from the saved game. Thanks for the insight into AI processing. HK
  8. H

Single Player Scenarios

Another Question about Single Player While playing around with the game last night I noticed the ability to replace units in the OOB. Question is does this affect the AI of the scenario. I saw the caveat about adding optional units and its affect on AI. Did not notice the same when I...
  9. H

Single Player Scenarios

I would be interested in a CPX but am uncertain if it would fly on a dial up. I live way out in the boonies with no prospect of a high speed connection anytime soon. Has anyone tried to participate in a CPX via dial up? HK
  10. H

Single Player Scenarios

MajorH, Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I am certain that it will not lessen my enjoyment of the game...PBEM or Network is the way to go anyhoo! Nothing like a real live opponent. thanks again for your response, HK
  11. H

Single Player Scenarios

Hello All, I have just purchased this gem of a game and have read a bit of the manual as well as a bit here. Am I correct in understanding that it is not possible to design single player scenarios from scratch (new OOB and Map)? I am very interested in the WWII expansion and would like...
  12. H

I need a game

Hi all, New to this ladder. I've got Campaign Peninsula, and Campaign Gettysburg. I'm looking for an opponent for gettys scenario 007 Historical Battle of Gettysburg. This one uses the huge map and there would be lots of room for maneuver. I'll take either side. Alternatively, I just...
  13. H

New Multi Player game

Count me in too...either side...I have only two games. Gettys and Peninsula
  14. H

Anyone have this scenario?

Hi Furocity, I did that VL scenario. you can find a straight conversion to ACOW here in the scenario discussion forum. It is buried in another topic titled "to the rescue" I think. I am planning on a major update of the scenario but as yet have not had time. HK
  15. H

To The Rescue v 2.1

Hey Rhino, By all means, there is certainly room for two VL games out there. I am giving mine a serious reworking, doing away with Recon and SMG Coys and Combining the Arty into Regts. The OOA and OOB will remain the same. I also look forward to incorporating some of the feature in ACOW...