Recent content by Hellfish6

1. H

Changing icon colors

I used to play Battletech against my brother in junior high. Haven't played it much since then (15 years or so) but I'm looking forward to this. Wasn't there a BT operational level wargame once? Battlespace, I think it was called? Edit: Ah crap. Didn't realize this was nearly a year old. My...
  2. H

Yugoslavia 1991-98 scenario needs testing!

Good scenario so far (turn 5 as Croatia). Some notes: - Can you make the JNA units smaller? The divisions are pretty big for this scenario, especially since the Secessionists seem to operate at company/battalion/brigade level. Maybe break the divisions up into brigades or battalions...
  3. H

Beta Testing

For Blue Danube all I need to do is revise the Greek and Turkish formations. Before, all corps were in one formation. As that was the first TOAW scenario I ever made I didn't know any better - I'm putting them into divisions and corps with support assets now. Shouldn't take long. :)
  4. H

Beta Testing

I'll double check the French proficiency. It definately shouldn't be that low. Thanks for the kind comments. :) To DL, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Free". It'll take you to another page where you'll have to wait 15-30 seconds, then the link will appear. Such is the free web...
  5. H

Beta Testing

Hi guys I made a few scenarios when I was in college. I haven't done much public work in TOAW since then, but I'm hoping to submit one or two scenarios for the Matrix version. As such, I'd like to reopen beta testing on these things to see if anyone has any recommendations or issues with...
  6. H

How do you make maps?

Thanks for the info guys. :)
  7. H

How do you make maps?

I've restarted work on my Southern Africa at 20km map and while I'm having fun, it is quite tedious. I'm curious, how do you guys who make your own maps do it? I have an old atlas with a good two page layout of southern Africa that I mark up with a pencil and ruler into 100km x 100km squares...
  8. H

Suggestions and Info needed

I think the most plausible scenario we'd see in modern times is Castro's death. Not saying your plot isn't bad, mind you. I'd still very much like to play this scenario. If you make you scenario super modern (2005-2006) you could even have Venezuela siding with Cuba, sending submarines or...
  9. H

Communist Invasion of Rhodesia 1979

Very good scenario, Case!
  10. H

Communist Invasion of Rhodesia 1979

There is a Zimbabwe map released maybe a year or so ago - I don't remember who it's by off the top of my head, but it's pretty good. Beyond that, I know ZIPRA had a conventional brigade equipped with T-34/85s, BTR-152s and BRDM-1s. I don't know much beyond that, except that it was used...
  11. H

Africa?

I'd love to see them. I'm still plugging my way around my southern Africa map (working on detailing Angola now, with Namibia and the northern Cape in South Africa done). Did you ever make scenarios for these maps? If you've got them I'd like to see those as well. keenedder1 at yahoo...
  12. H

Africa?

The Oliphant Mk1B is an entirely new tank, but the Mk1A, which was used throughout the Bush War, is essentially no different from any other late-model Centurion (like the Israeli Ben Gurion version) and I think is well represented by what already exists in the editor.
  13. H

Africa?

What is the BioEd?
  14. H

Africa?

The AML-60/AML-90 under the Recon vehicles (French) are almost exactly the same as the Eland-60 and -90s the SADF used. The Elands were license-produced AML-60/90s with some minor modifications to allow them to survive longer in bush conditions. As for the Olifants, I use the Centurion...
  15. H

Africa?

Great site! Hadn't seen that one, but I did find a similar one somewhere... I'll see if I can dig up the link for it. When I'm done with the map, I'll release it publicly so that anyone can use it - even if my scenario isn't done by then. That way I can also incorporate any corrections that...