Recent content by HansK

1. HansK

B-17 crashes and burns in Hartford CT, USA

Really sad. Most of all for the crew and passangers of course, but also for losing another beautiful aircraft… :(
  2. HansK

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Nice catch!
  3. HansK

Representing Polish paratroops at Arnhem

The Poles had no chance to be effective because while landing they were shot up by the Germans. BUT they did do their utmost to help the guys encircled at Oosterbeek. They even infiltrated men in under heavy fire and helped evacuate the guys from Oosterbeek...
  4. HansK

The ASL Book Club

I have been reading "The Battle for Manilla" by Connaughton/Anderson/Pimlott. I had heard about the devastation that hit Manila, but man, what those people went through is hard to describe. The attrocities by the Japanese are described in detail and makes for some heavy reading. Next the...
  5. HansK

What was your very first computer wargame you ever played???

Oh, the time I spent with that one… So cool. :)
  6. HansK

Are you sick of Korea already?

Kid Creole...
  7. HansK

Absolutely! Quite happy with it. ;)
  8. HansK

Got Operation Watchtower! :)
  9. HansK

CWB Series ( Three Battles of Manassas) Question

GCACW is a cool series indeed. I only started with the 'MMP' version of the game. Maps by Charlie Kibler are works of art. Enjoyable system.
  10. HansK

LOL! I've got no idea. Do not use Vassal myself, neither do I play the CWB games. A shame, because I should have bought them all when the series started like I did with OCS, SCS, TCS and RSS.
  11. HansK

Desperation Morale website down.....but for how long?

Looks like 2018 went awol though, or were there no 2018 products posted (do not remember this in detail).
  12. HansK

Found an answer for you on BGG. Db(1) means Detached battery of 1 gun point. Hope this helps.
  13. HansK

The ASL Book Club

Finished reading 'Tank Action' by David Render yesterday. An interesting and well written book. Author was a troop leader and tells how he went from Normandy to the Reich. Lots of small scale actions and clearly displays the tension and dangers the tankers faced. A number of those actions took...
  14. HansK

Clearing The Breskens Pocket with a doubled OOB anybody?

Breskens is correct indeed.