Recent content by HansK

1. HansK

We mourn the loss of Christopher Dean

Great loss indeed… Have bought a couple of games from him. Great guy!
  2. HansK

African American's In World War Two Action Pack : Reading List Suggestion.

John C. McManus does cover this in several of his books. Currently reading “Island Infernos”, the second volume in his coverage of the US Army in the Pacific. It does mention this too.
  3. HansK

VASL 101/201 - Intro & Lesson List

Thanks! I am actually planning to finally install this, so this is really helpful. :)
  4. HansK

The ASL Book Club

Currently reading 'Spearhead' by Adam Makos. Part of the book covers the famous Pershing vs. Panther engagement at Cologne. Interesting to read the story behind this engagement. You can find several videos of the battle on YouTube. And the author does a great job to show you what life as a...
  5. HansK

Books: What are you currently reading?

Spearhead by Adam Makos. The guy has an engaging style of writing. 'Takes you there' instantly.
  6. HansK

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Preordered CdG from UGG. :)
  7. HansK

B-17 crashes and burns in Hartford CT, USA

Really sad. Most of all for the crew and passangers of course, but also for losing another beautiful aircraft… :(
  8. HansK

Nice catch!
  9. HansK

Representing Polish paratroops at Arnhem

The Poles had no chance to be effective because while landing they were shot up by the Germans. BUT they did do their utmost to help the guys encircled at Oosterbeek. They even infiltrated men in under heavy fire and helped evacuate the guys from Oosterbeek...
  10. HansK

The ASL Book Club

I have been reading "The Battle for Manilla" by Connaughton/Anderson/Pimlott. I had heard about the devastation that hit Manila, but man, what those people went through is hard to describe. The attrocities by the Japanese are described in detail and makes for some heavy reading. Next the...
  11. HansK

What was your very first computer wargame you ever played???

Oh, the time I spent with that one… So cool. :)
  12. HansK

Are you sick of Korea already?

Kid Creole...
  13. HansK

Absolutely! Quite happy with it. ;)
  14. HansK

Got Operation Watchtower! :)