Recent content by gweiloh

1. gweiloh

Series Replay J73 and Wind Change B25.65

I am using VASL to walk through, step by step, the Series Replay "J73 Tired and Unsupported" from the ASL Journal Issue Six. The goal is to learn more about bocage and wall advantage. However, I got confused early in Turn 1 by what purported to be a simple Wind Change DR at the start of the...
  2. gweiloh

From The Cellar Pack 4: Counter Scans

Brief update: Today I received a packet in the mail from a mysterious Monsieur X.. all the way from France. Inside - a new and complete set of 102 die-cut FTC4 counters. Gratuit! Xavier - you have earned a LFT consumer for life. Now that is customer service. Thank you very much! -- Adam
  3. gweiloh

Hello Joe: Yes, this is very good. And a big, hearty Thank You to the rest of the folks in the ASL community who helped me out this afternoon. What a great group of folks!
  4. gweiloh

I recently purchased a used copy of LFT From The Cellar Pack 4. I received the book and all scenarios, but none of the counters. Does anyone have any scans of the counters that were originally included? At the very least, I'd like to make my own to play through some of these specialized...
  5. gweiloh

"Rolling Thunder" article?

Does anyone know where I might find a copy of this article? It was written by Bruce Bakken back in the early '90s and published in one of the Rout Reports. I was reading an article online that referenced "Rolling Thunder", but I can't seem to find any other mention of the article online.
  6. gweiloh

Counter placement issues

General Mayhem - this board file works perfectly well. Problem solved, and thank you.
  7. gweiloh

Counter placement issues

Don/Doug: Confirmed. The boards Don sent to me work very well. We're good to go to finally take and hold La Fière bridge. Thank you, Don!
  8. gweiloh

Counter placement issues

Opening the file in its original state shows the upper-left corner of the map (above) - and that A1 is full height, but only half width.
  9. gweiloh

Counter placement issues

The board is "Kellum's Bridge v0.11" found at http://vasl.info/other.htm. I'm guessing this is a very old map version, but assumed there would be some method to bring the artwork in to my current version of VASL 6.4.2...
  10. gweiloh

Counter placement issues

I recently downloaded a board from the VASL website area "Other boards and CG Maps". When playing around with counter setup, I realized that the counters won't "center" on to the map hexes. In fact, they're quite aways off: This particular MMG was supposed to be put into hex L6, but VASL...
  11. gweiloh

Visualizing Area Target Type (C3.33)

JR - can you please direct me to the rules that cover your "only hit if hardest-to-hit is hit" explanation for the first attack?
  12. gweiloh

Visualizing Area Target Type (C3.33)

My buddy and I are working through the rules to understand how Mortars and the Area Target Type rules are fully implemented in ASL. (We’ve played a lot of ASLSK#2 and #3, so aren’t completely unfamiliar with the concepts..) To help us walk through various rules implementations, we sought to...
  13. gweiloh

Concealment and Good Order

Are units currently concealed considered Good Order? I can't find mention of this situation, neither in the Index or anywhere in (A12.) In our match, it is the RPh and the German leader (currently concealed) is the the same location as a broken German unit. The only Russian units (<16 hexes)...
  14. gweiloh

LOS and application of Blind Hexes

Thank you to you, both. This did help, Robin. I get how the LVL1.5 blocks LVL1-LVL1 but doesn't block LVL2. Yes, I see how the LVL1 S4 building still creates 2 blind hexes R3 and Q3.0 - I should have caught that, but we were focused on the bigger stone building in T4. Philippe - I see that I...
  15. gweiloh

LOS and application of Blind Hexes

We are setting up to play Scenario B - The Tractor Works. Following Mishcon's advice, we've set up Cpt. Tienham and some MMG crews at LVL2 of hex Y8: With the understanding that building S5/T4 is LVL1.5 (B23.22) and that building S4 is LVL1 (B23.21).. A) Does Y8.2 have LOS to Q4.0? We...