Recent content by Gunner Scott

1. G

2018 ASL Open AAR

I miss the old ASL annual where all the scenarios were fun and balanced. You did not have to replaytest everything back in the day to make sure someone's design was good, it usually was. I miss the great scenario designers like Rex Martin, Bob Macnamara, Don Greenwood, Eddie Zeman Darrell...
  2. G

UV CG I Flesh Against Concrete

Hi all- Randy and I did get together last night and hammered out a few more turns of our Uncommon Valor CG Firefight with us stopping on Marine turn 6. Maybe tomorrow we might finish up this Firefight and move on to day 2 FF 5. This is one brutal CG and makes Stalingrad look like a kids sand...
  3. G

2018 ASL Open AAR

Too many scenarios requiring alamo defenses or were bug hunts on the list. But we did have fun and do appreciate Daves efforts.
  4. G

There should be a Caves, Seaborne Landing VASL League

Hi- Carl, maybe you can start a Caves, seaborne landing league lol
  5. G

Fear of Commitment

I agree, this new format is not all that great, I wish the forum owner would change it back to the format it was a week or so ago. Scott
  6. G

Hitting the Beach 2

Very cool release, best of all, it wont cost over a 100 bucks like that other company likes to charge for its crappy products.
  7. G

Hi- Randy and I started Firefight 4 last night with us getting to Japanese turn 2 and calling it an evening. We will probably play a few more turns this weekend but probably will not finish up this firefight until next week, there is alot going on for both sides, so rushing through turns is not...
  8. G

What is the most unique CG you have played?

I too liked Op Veritable, lots of cool stuff going on with that one, the Creeping Barrage is pretty cool as the Brits advance forward on the map. Since I am playing Uncommon Valor, I think I need to buy the latest PL rules, 2.0 seems to have alot of holes that need filling lol. If someone has...
  9. G

Ya its a really fun CG, I really screwed up my pillbox placement and now I have lost four pillboxes without really using them. As an aside, it is too bad this module went to CH, I think if it was published by BFP or MMP, it would have been an instant classic and probably get alot of replay...
  10. G

It sounds kool, but I wish people would talk about published products because most of us do not have access to the playtest stuff. I do understand you want to get the word out on this product and let us know how great it is but it is a product that is 5 or more years away from being printed...
  11. G

Hi all- Randy and I finally finished up firefight 2 for day 1. The Firefight took the whole 9 turns! That is correct, I kept rolling high on game end attempts and this helped Randy gain the alot more territory then was expected. Total casualties for the Japanese were 33 CVP's (alot less if it...
  12. G

What makes singling unique? Is there anything that makes it special? Singling struck me as kind of boring due to both OB's being Armored Infantry with "take the village" mentality. But to each their own.
  13. G

Howdy- Currently I am in two CG's, a Red Barricades one and CH Uncommon Valor CG1 Flesh against Concrete. I love RB and that is my mainstream go to CG if you and / or your opponent do not want to be burdened by too many rules from the Rulebook. On the other hand I am finding CH Uncommon Valor...
  14. G

Whole Bunch of ASLComp Middle East

Alot of stuff indeed. Scott
  15. G

CG III Red Barricades

Over design seems to be the norm nowadays with most ASL stuff, thats why I think alot of people are playing older ASL stuff more and more.