Recent content by George Kelln

1. George Kelln

Hitting the (LC) Beach at ASLOK.

Brian has the maps already
  2. George Kelln

Each is about 74" wide and about 26" deep; off hand not too sure on the depth. I think I went 30" deep.
  3. George Kelln

Brian, I am getting the maps VASL-ized so that you can pre-plan and set up prior to ASLOK. George
  4. George Kelln

SL Scenarios for Bruneval and/or Vaagso Conversions?

Ah, but this time it is at night during the winter.... :eek: At least the first scenario.... :D
  5. George Kelln

SL Scenarios for Bruneval and/or Vaagso Conversions?

I was working on this project, until it stalled; now I look it over from time to, working on it when I am motivated.
  6. George Kelln

Mortars firing from Buildings

V 7.7 INDIRECT FIRE: Indirect Fire vs a Roofless Location of a Gutted Building receives a +2 TEM (even if fortified). Indirect Fire (including non-SW mortars in upper-level Locations) is allowed from a Roofless location of a Gutted Building (but AA fire vs Aerial units is not). Indirect Fire vs...
  7. George Kelln

Mortars firing from Buildings

Can a medium mortar (76-82mm) fire from the upper level of a roofless building? If yes, what is the rule reference?
  8. George Kelln

Hitting the Beach 2

Hey I want to thank all those who attended the Juno Beach ASL Seaborne Landing this past weekend.
  9. George Kelln

Sacrifice & Courage

Go the map back from the printers long enough for Victoria ASL Group members to oogle over, before it is rolled back up and mailed to playtesters.
  10. George Kelln

Hitting the Beach 2

Greetings all, With just over a week to go until we Hit the Beach 2, a quick SITREP (Situation Report); - Mike Red-Nan White map, secured - Nan White-Nan Red map, secured - Plexiglass to cover the maps, secured - Prototype 5/8" counters, secured - Prototype 1/2" counters, secure - Tables...
  11. George Kelln

Hitting the Beach 2

Hitting the Beach 1 was played in spring of 1998, at Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada by the Winnipeg ASL Club; the map was a single, hand-drawn and pantone coloured, measuring 150 hexes wide and 33 hexes deep (standard ASL hexes); the map covered the entire 6 kilometre wide Juno Beach area.
  12. George Kelln

Hitting the Beach 2

Each map is 70" long x 27" wide In each pack, the largest Scenario #3 involving two beaches: the Canadians are landing in 4 Assault Waves with a total of 32x Sherman DD tanks, 6x LCT 4 loaded with 40-50 AVRE Funnies, Sherman Fireflies, and Centaur CS tanks; add to this 40-45 LCA with a total of...
  13. George Kelln

Hitting the Beach 2

Things are moving along steadily, counters are ordered and most have arrived, one of the two maps are done, with the second one going to the printers tomorrow; Lexan sheets to cover the maps were picked up today, and t-shirts are in the box collecting dust. 8 players have committed to the...
  14. George Kelln

Naval Bombardment

Has anyone (in game ASL play) being on the receiving end of a Naval Bombardment (not NOBA)? It appears pretty powerful.
  15. George Kelln

Naval Bombardment

Just to confirm my interpretation on the rules of naval bombardment: For the resolution of naval bombardments there is a +2DRM to each MC taken. So I am reading this to say it is an extra +2DRM to the 2MC personnel take and the MC for terrain/fortifications. Effectively making it a 4MC for...