Recent content by General Mayhem

1. General Mayhem

Map maker guide?

I had a similar problem in the past and Big Al came up with the goods see this post: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/terrain-clip-art-pattern-and-palette-files-where-are-they.126676/post-1814902 Follow that link to his dropbox and the files are there
  2. General Mayhem

I need to upload boards to vasl. please help!

Step1 Name your GIF “bdXXX.gif” where XXX is the name of your board. Step 2 Put your GIF into a Zip file named “bdXXX.zip” Note the name must be identical. Step 3 Create a text file with one line of text “Version 1.0” Step 4 Delete the .txt file extension from the text file Step 5 Add...
  3. General Mayhem

Vasl map for CH Kursk - Hell on Earth available

NOTE I have updated this map to version 1.1 (slightly better resolution) so if you downloaded in last 24 hours download again.
  4. General Mayhem

NOTE I have updated this map to version 1.1 (slightly better resolution) so if you downloaded in last 24 hours download again.
  5. General Mayhem

I might be wrong but I think this map is the combined map for Hell on Earth 1 and 2. I believe that Hell on Earth 1 is the updated Devils Domain, which used the Ponyri maps 1 and 2, and Hell on Earth 2 is the updated Gates of Hell, which used the Ponyri maps 3 and 4, with one scenario which used...
  6. General Mayhem

Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl map for CH Kursk – Hell on Earth to be made available. A Zip file can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk Once downloaded unzip and place the bd file in your boards folder. Thanks to Rob Macginley for assistance and...
  7. General Mayhem

Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl map for CH Kursk – Hell on Earth to be made available. A Zip file can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk Once downloaded unzip and place the bd file in your boards folder. Thanks to Rob Macginley for assistance and...
  8. General Mayhem

How to change a vasl map name/id?

Some maps that were available in the past on the original Vasl site and on the CH site seem to have been lost in the passage of time.
  9. General Mayhem

Was not aware of these maps - where can you get them from?
  10. General Mayhem

Not sure which maps you are referring to the only DBPh map I am aware of is a single map and does not conflict with other maps. However in an attempt to answer your question: A vasl map file is in fact a zip file with the .zip extension deleted. Inside the zip file are some files one of which...
  11. General Mayhem

Hill 192 VASL Map

It can be time consuming. I used to work from scans of maps and converted them to Vasl terrain colours by hand drawing them, that was time consuming. Now when I can I get hold of original CH artwork from Ray Tapio and then it doesn't take that much time to create a Vasl map. I always request...
  12. General Mayhem

Hill 192 VASL Map

Not yet
  13. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

Hadn't spotted him. I still reckon that you take account of the legality of the route when determining the nearest rout destination. It does seem to me that there is some selective rule picking going on here. Why is the "moving closer to a KEU" taken into account when picking the rout...
  14. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

Look at the Comprehensive rout example for the German units in J6. It states that the only valid rout destinations for these units are L9 and M9 (both 5 MF away). If you did not take into account illegal rout paths when determining the nearest rout destination then M8 would be the destination...
  15. General Mayhem

Rout Destination

I think that because of this from A10.51: "A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit’s Location." In the Q and A the move adjacent to the enemy unit is not an illegal move so therefore it is a valid inital rout destination...