Recent content by General Mayhem

1. General Mayhem

Apologies I have not been checking this site for some time now. I havn't done any map making for...

Apologies I have not been checking this site for some time now. I havn't done any map making for quite a while either. Hope you managed to work things out. Ye Olde Book Of Vasl Map Making is a good starting point.
  2. General Mayhem

VP/CVP counter

Just barely active and absolutely feel free to post any of my stuff
  3. General Mayhem

A map/grid and counters positioning question

Looking at what I think you are trying to achieve it is probably the Dynamic and Calculated property traits and the global key command stuff that you need to explore. I am no expert and it is a while since I played about with that stuff. From what you have said above it seems you want a...
  4. General Mayhem

Sorry I do not play SASL so unfortunately what you have posted is all Greek to me. If you are creating counters then it might be that you need to explore the trigger action and report action attributes for a counter - possibly looking into that rather than the map window properties. Sorry I cant...
  5. General Mayhem

When you say enable the global option do you mean the setting in preferences for enabling auto reporting of moves - if so yes this will enable auto reporting of moves on all maps that have auto report settings and if this is for Vasl then the main maps have that. What exactly is it you are...
  6. General Mayhem

You should be able to do most of what you want by adding grids and or zones to your map and applying the correct auto reporting format of movement to/from and within the map in the map window properties. Not sure about the restricting movement of the counters to specific areas, is that really...
  7. General Mayhem

A8.2, A8.22, D6.24 Cavalry Bail out and residual attack

reductio ad absurdum does little to promote an argument
  8. General Mayhem

One can only assume that whoever wrote that rule example did not understand the rules.
  9. General Mayhem

E6.2 and 6.5 Cavalry as Swimmers cannot advance

Question E6.2 states that a swimmer may not advance in the APh [EXC: Drift] except to enter a land hex (or pontoon bridge) through a non-cliff hex-side. E6.5 states that Cavalry use the same rules as swimmers. When Cavalry are swimmers can they advance? Answer No. ....Perry MMP
  10. General Mayhem

I agree, but did not think the Q and A was originally talking about an original attack by Residual - that's why it seems confusing to me.
  11. General Mayhem

I may be misreading the Q and A but it seemed to be saying that the resid only attacks if unit becomes more vulnerable. I concur that the resid should attack in the circumstances I outlined.
  12. General Mayhem

D6.24 D6.24 says: “Bailing Out never costs the transport any MP but for Defensive First Fire purposes the Rider is considered to spend all remaining (but at least one) MF subject to FFNAM.” Is that MF expense considered as part of the resolution of the fire that caused the Bailing Out? A. No. Is...
  13. General Mayhem

A8.2 states that any unit that enters or expends MF in a location containing Residual FP is attacked by that Residual FP. A 8.22 basically states that a unit can only be attacked by Residual once unless the unit is becoming more vulnerable. So a cavalry squad is attacked by first fire of 8fp...
  14. General Mayhem

New Vassal site is live

That works a treat - many thanks for your prompt assistance
  15. General Mayhem

New Vassal site is live

peteroberts1@btinternet.com