Recent content by gamesmeister

1. gamesmeister

Beached passengers in CC

Yes, E5.6 covers boats in the water, but not beached boats. Also, E5.23 specifically states that while the beached boat is at the level of the water obstacle, it is not in the water, and therefore the rule prohibiting units from entering water obstacles (without fording, boats etc) theoretically...
  2. gamesmeister

Beached passengers in CC

I have a passenger in a beached boat, so the boat and squad are straddling the beaching hexside. Can my opponent advance into CC against those passengers? If yes, where is the opposing unit? Presumably in the land hex that forms part of the hexside, not on the hexside itself? Can my beached...
  3. gamesmeister

VASL-6.5.0 is released

Yes, I installed the latest version of Java Version 8 Update 251 (build 1.8)
  4. gamesmeister

Set DC in a factory

Ah, you're right of course, I should have checked the rule, thanks for your response
  5. gamesmeister

Set DC in a factory

Am I right in thinking that a set DC in a (stone) factory would be a -3 drm, not a -1? Thanks
  6. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Gotcha, makes sense now, thanks everyone for your help
  7. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Damn, another one... Normal boat rules say a unit can load into a beached boat in the APh and then move into the water hex. I assume that because Dinant has the rule that it costs 1MF to enter the water hex, the unit instead remains beached until the start of its next MPh?
  8. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Ok, that image came out bigger than expected ?‍♂️:LOL:
  9. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Just before I start on this crazy crossing, can I double check I understand the beaching rules right pls The squad in QQ26 spends 1MF to load onto the beached assault boat across the QQ26/PP26 hex side. Any DFF he takes will be targeted at that hex side (and therefore in OG at level 0), and if...
  10. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Ah yes, I always forget that units bypassing an obstacle are in the same location as the obstacle, which in this instance is key. That's great, thanks
  11. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

Thanks. New question: If the Germans purchase the Raft section (B1), they need to unload each boat into a hex containing another MMC. They also can't do it while in bypass, as Transferring can't take place during the MPh. Which makes unloading those trucks almost impossible in the southern...
  12. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

In the Dinant CG, boats can set up beached. As a beached boat is considered a vehicle, can I set up with a squad already loaded into a beached boat?
  13. gamesmeister

Some Dinant LOS questions

No, for the same reason they can't set up in a water hex, or the first floor of a building, or any other prohibited location
  14. gamesmeister

Wouldn't MM36 always be a blind hex, as height over an intervening object can only ever reduce the number of blind hexes to a minimum of one?
  15. gamesmeister

They are