Recent content by GamerKirk

1. G

Set DC use

My page A27 '87 rules don't list this in 12.141 (only "taking a PAATC, attempted repair..."), but I dug out my MMP pocketbook and see it has been added to result in "taking a PAATC or Set DC NTC; dropping/attempted repair...", thanks.
  2. G

Set DC use

I've searched and searched, so maybe the answer is out there, but I can't find it. If it matters, this is for Red Factories RO CG. Two questions, please give rules quote so I can see where I missed it: 1) Does the NTC required when attempting to detonate a set DC cause a HIP unit to be a)...
  3. G

Building Control

Just for clarity here in the thread is a cellar location a subterranean one?
  4. G

Building Control

Maybe we have been playing not quite correctly, have gone through rules several times, need to confirm my understanding. If the enemy side controls a building, say mult-hex mult-level with cellar for examples sake, and say from the beginning of the scenario and there are no enemy units present...
  5. G

SW possession activities during Rally Phase

In Rally Ph, is dropping a SW an action? Can a squad drop a SW and receive a SW from another squad or roll for possession?
  6. G

SW possession activities during Rally Phase

OK, a little unsure of what is legal to do when SW are in a hex in the Rally Phase. The rules talk about the start of the Rally Phase, and the Rally Phase, so maybe a list of possible activities with legal or illegal and a rules quote if possible, in the Rally Phase: 1) Two squads in a hex...
  7. G

Where are the Stukas in Red Factories?

Yes to everything, FOUR can be had in RF if you opponent, like mine, rolls well, and we use them to keep track of bomb loads, so three is not enough. I guess with proper notes, ASL could be played with maybe one squad on each side, and lots of notes... ;).
  8. G

Where are the Stukas in Red Factories?

Well, besides the lack of Russian mortars, it seems that Beyond Valor and Red Factories is not enough to satisfy my German opponent's need for FOUR Stukas in our first RO scenario X-Tag (I know, really unfortunate result for me as the Russians). They may exist in some other module, but we can't...
  9. G

Not enough Russian mortar counters in Red Factories

2 copies of RB/RF should be overly much.
  10. G

That's funny! A few less mol proj counters combined with a few less purple markers would have worked perfectly. Someone dropped the ball and it shows they didn't do a set up walk through even of each CG and projected purchases possibilities. Very disappointing, but they already have my money...
  11. G

I've never played Last Bid, but definitely grok the CGs where strategic and tactical planning and preservation of force is paramount, and it seems that MMP blew it big time in not providing at least a half-dozen Russian mortars in their counter mix for Red Factories, very disappointing, to be sure.
  12. G

How to treat "roofless" factories in RF with roofed center dot

OK, thanks, and so the answer to my question 4 you say would be No?
  13. G

So, shell out over $100 to get the whole enchilada, duplicating my prior purchase of RB years ago, but it's worth it cuz enough Russians now for any CGs...except not. I can only find FIVE mortars for the Russians listed as available from Beyond Valor manifest. I cannot find any other mortars...
  14. G

How to treat "roofless" factories in RF with roofed center dot

Need a little help with hexes in factories such as RO N22 where the artwork shows a "roofless" factory due to damage but the center dot of the hex lies on the undamaged roof section. Is this a roofed or roofless factory hex? Can a small mortar shoot through this roof? Who can see what from...
  15. G

Placement of purchased concealment counters/Dummy ? on Reserve Dummy counters

I am setting up as Russian in Red Factories RO CG where ? may be purchased. Since all Germans will be entering the board this first day, I know that all of my units (in appropriate conditions, terrain, etc.) except Reserve Dummies may have a ? placed on them for "free". I know I also have 5...