Recent content by GamerGeek

1. GamerGeek

Residual in a Foxhole hex

I can live with this for sure.....and agree. Here I was hoping to crack open a massive rule loophole and become rich and famous within the ASL world.......Appreciate everyones time. :-)
  2. GamerGeek

Appreciate the help and agree 100% on the DFF/SFF getting the -1 DRM, but we are talking about a residual attack here, not a DFF attack which has its own set of odd rules. Robin has probably made the point regarding the location issue and the in-hex TEM, but it still hurts my brain that a unit...
  3. GamerGeek

Agree on B27.3, but a unit bypassing a stone has to be 'in' the building to get TEM during Def First Fire, etc. but that TEM is added to the effects of a residual attack. 7.42 MPh: The FFMO penalty applies only if Defensive First Fire is announced after the MF expenditure for entry of the hex...
  4. GamerGeek

Me too! and especially thankful for the responses (you too Robin, and certainly no offence taken!), but to play devils advocate (and to help me understand the logic).... could someone point me to where in A8.2 it says anything about being in the foxhole for the DRM to apply? Logically I agree...
  5. GamerGeek

Hi all, Rule check for something I should know, or think I know..... There is 1 residual in an Open Ground hex containing a 1Sq Foxhole. Squad exits FH using non assault movement. What is the DRM? Net +1 with the +2 tem as per the second last sentence of A8.2 "All non-hexside TEM and...
  6. GamerGeek

BAZ TH modifier by Hero

Hi gang, Possible senior moment here, can a sqd w BAZ stacked with a Hero (sqd possesses the BAZ) use the hero's -1 Modifier for their TH DRM firing at a nearby AFV? I think not A15.23 says "A hero may use a non-MG [errata included] SW as if he were a leader but applies a -1 DRM to its To...
  7. GamerGeek

CASLO XXVII in 2023

I owe you several Beers buddy.......hope you can make it! :-)
  8. GamerGeek

CASLO XXVII in 2023

Thanks to Dave G for running an excellent event. Venue was great as was the organization and running of the event..... Had a great time and played a bunch of really excellent players! A special shout out to those unsung heros who bring their ASL gear to events like this and allow a bunch of...
  9. GamerGeek

Low crawl rout question

Agree, thanks for pointing out that, missed the no ADJ etc. comes into play prior to selecting rout destinations. No Leader for these guys! On another note.....does not matter to the above discussion, but I thought FF1 was ignorable as is equal distance to the baddies in ee10? Sigh, senior...
  10. GamerGeek

Low crawl rout question

So is Simon62's interpretation correct? The PS says that a LC unit is NOT required to use the shortest distance. Here is our situation. NQ in effect. FF9 has valid rout target FF1which is 2 hexes away (even though it is an ignorable target). Routing unit cannot move closer in shortest MP...
  11. GamerGeek

Movement for a CE vehicle on a narrow street

Hi all, Old man brain here..... What's the MP cost for a CE tracked AFV moving down a narrow street. Is it 0.5 for road MP (x2 for bypass), then (/2 as per A31.11). "VBM along a Narrow Street is allowed regardless of hexside-to-obstacle clearance (D2.3), and costs half the normal Bypass MP...
  12. GamerGeek

Manila questions

Thanks Sarge!
  13. GamerGeek

Manila questions

Hi all, Thanks to all those who made this Module possible, it looks amazing! Question as to CG Game V Special Rules. CGV.1 states that Japanese Reinforcements enter on west edge/ and /or setup in Intramuros on T3. I assume this is only for the CPP purchased RG's? And what about Gun (G)...
  14. GamerGeek

The Canadian ASL Open in 2022

Thanks for the kind words guys. Bob, am shocked (not really....) you don't remember having drinks with Jim McLeod and I at a CASLO a million years ago in Winnipeg......OK, 25 years ago at least, but those were the days of the free CASLO beer. I joined you and Jim for a 'few' drinks and my...