Recent content by fzmann

1. fzmann

How to update old VASL files to the current version - using VASL6.6.7 and later

Update: since my last post I was able to update 62 scenarios in about 90 minutes. All my scenarios have html snippets generated by PacmanGhost’s VASL-templates program. The converter didn’t have trouble with that. I was unable to update 3 scenarios of which in kept the error logs. One thing...
  2. fzmann

Spoke too soon. unable to update other scenarios despite receiving no error messages…
  3. fzmann

Note that I’ve updated a couple of scenarios AFTER not being able to do so. Perhaps I missed it but trying to open a game through the “wizard“ was causing the updater to spit out all kinds of errors with the final two lines being: Not all gpID errors fixed Update failed and terminated...
  4. fzmann

VASL information table generator display problem

I’ve been using that tool extensively and haven’t seen that behavior in VASL or on that website. However I haven’t used it in the past two weeks so I’m uncertain if anything has changed.
  5. fzmann

Bitterest Day (AKA Sugar Loaf Hill)

Agreed. I played-tested with Jon in late 2020 and the games were a blast. USMC units with no cover, other than smoke, attacking caves. Look forward to its release.
  6. fzmann

Beyond valor query

I think those counters were included in Cross of Iron not the original SL.
  7. fzmann

The 50th Anniversary of the Release of Squad Leader. Any plans or ideas?

LOLz: that is the month/year I bought my copy as well as the store, but in Rosemead, CA. I think I also sprung for a copy of 3rd Reich ( I was flush with lawn mowing money).
  8. fzmann

Reassessing Prokhorovka

Same thesis found in Roman Toeppel’s Kursk book (2018).
  9. fzmann

VASL6.6.6-beta5 is released

This version is going to leave a mark…😟
  10. fzmann

Winter Offensive 2023 Micro-Armor Collection Raffle

I pinned on my ATM roll…
  11. fzmann

2022 Report card

Thoughts: BFP scenarios played, as usual, turned out to be very well balanced. Both Ivanovskii scenarios went down to the final CC rolls. In Schreiber's Success I finally won a CC by rolling snakes when completely overwhelmed (1-4 i believe), which helped contribute to the win. Also, HF4 also...
  12. fzmann

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

And BFP-J Q6 as well.
  13. fzmann

Do you kindle a bunch?

Hill 621 would be a prime candidate for kindling. 48 Soviet squads are heading toward the west!
  14. fzmann

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

I like the color scheme in the BtB2 reprinted boards. The colors look nice and subdued and the artwork looks crisp. HG2 board colors are much brighter reminiscent to me of the original SL boards. Not ever having, or seen, these boards, however, I love BFP-K Q8. I can see a 6+1 leader in that...