Recent content by FrankH.

1. F

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

At least I am not the only person who noticed this. Though the only parts not (currently) relevant to Doomed Battalions are the "late-war" SS. Early war presummably would have seen plenty of railroads, rail cars and debris. I can foresee potential scenarios involving independent Greeks or...
  2. F

Huertgen Forest

With that map (whether or not it is used, and/or if other maps are used), and these recent comments, I am reminded of the earlier "Cat and Mouse" system of ASL scenarios covering Anzio.
  3. F

Huertgen Forest

Anyone thought of an ocean overlay for board 39 that covers most if not all of the roads, though perhaps adding a single printed small pier, and/or sand bar or reef butting out? Or, an ETO forest overlay for same board that again covers most of the roads, replacing them with more forests...
  4. F

Huertgen Forest

Or even boards with not a single complete road. Just paths, etc.
  5. F

Concealment and the Advancing Fire Phase?

LV Hindrances (E3.1), with the exception of Winter Camoflauge, do not negate FFMO and therefore do not prevent loss of concealment.
  6. F

elite versus Elite

Unless it's been changed, Partisan SMC are not elite (nor are they Inexperienced), same as partisan MMC. It's in A25.24.
  7. F

Only IFT MCs can Pin?

I always played this as if the "IFT" in A7.8 was not there; and that it is superfluous. I think errata is needed.
  8. F

What is to be done and what can be done about the corner hexes on geomorphic mapboards?

Thanks for everyone's patience. One more idea. Geo board corners could also be part of a road network. Few are. The closest examples of this appear to be Deluxe board A, top left corner, and Deluxe board K, lower left corner. Board 13a tries to do something like this, also, but instead of at a...
  9. F

Only IFT MCs can Pin?

Much of chapter A, and most of chapter B, was written before chapters C, D, E, etc. were written. This was over many years and apparently by many different people. Chapter A needs a clean up/polishing, for clarity and to avoid confusion. Actually the whole system needs a general editor. But...
  10. F

East Front - maps, overlays, scenarios

This is actually a very intesting point, that might be developed: some terrain actually has, or may have, a "grain". Vineyards, "grain", and "olive grove". are examples. Certainly there is an existing rule for the grain of a "orchard-road" hex. It might open up ideas for SSRs, and even new...
  11. F

If there is this much interest in corn then there is interest in rural East Front scenarios. At least the southern half thereof.
  12. F

I don't see how this could be implemented; it goes against the concealment gain/loss rules (A12.121). There is no concealement gain possibility, if in LOS, within 16 hexes, regardless of the terrain. But, if your SSR designates Russians (for any reasons) as stealthy, they would get a -1 drm to...
  13. F

Location of small arms fire against unarmored aspects

I don't think it is related. Klas answered this question in the post immediately preceeding yours.
  14. F

House rules

The index refers you to A.4 for Optional rules, defining the term, and to A.9 for House Rules (though A.9 is not titled House Rules). The term House rules is not exactly defined as such.