Recent content by FourDeuceMF

1. FourDeuceMF

Scenarios on U Boat Infantry?

FWIW. am in the process of 'updating' and adding to the ToT#2 scenarios (along with other KE material, that we turned over to MMP back in 2020), for eventual re-release, also taking into account the additional research since 1996, as well as the release of 'Theirs the Strife', not to mention the...
  2. FourDeuceMF

Multiple Mortars with the Same Observer

I typically use a half squad, and the other half squad wields the mortar...but in this particular case, a HS could not direct the fire of two mortars, as a HS can only use one SW...and each spotted mortar counts as a SW usage.
  3. FourDeuceMF

Multiple Mortars with the Same Observer

Not that logic has anything to do with the ASLRB, but I would consider that multiple mortars using the same spotter would have to predesignate both mortars as first firing on the same first hex together, then if/when they get any ROF, they move on to another hex, etc. Note that spotting both...
  4. FourDeuceMF

mortars against AFV

'The right ammo for the right target', a good mantra: Troops - MGs or (if there are no enemy AFV threats) HE ITT; * vehicles - MGs or HE VTT (overkill, save for those AT vehicles); BU AFVs that are 'killable' - VTT with AP (special ammo only if you want the extra shot chance, and there's...
  5. FourDeuceMF

CONSCRIPTS! 2024: April 26th-28th in Grosseibstadt, Bavaria, Germany

Großeibstadt - there's a name that brings back some memories. I was stationed in Schweinfurt with US Army 3rd Infantry Division (2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment) from 1987-1990, and one of our missions was to supplement the 'Border Trace' along the East-West German border. Our 'trace'...
  6. FourDeuceMF

KW Suicide Heroes HIP Option

Right there in the W6.4 rule, last sentence, "Any number of allowed "suicide" Heroes may set up using HIP using HIP per G1.422." The reference to Chap G rule is the method to use HIP, the allowance comes from W6.4, which, being 'higher' alphanumeric rule, will supersedes G1.422 in cases where...
  7. FourDeuceMF

Overlay X31

They're also CX.
  8. FourDeuceMF

Overlay X31

The Comfort Inn @ Bowie MD, home of the infamous Winter Offensive. Had you extended the overlay to include the Bob Evans, it would have been a dead giveaway, but that would have required some slope hexsides there... ;-)
  9. FourDeuceMF

Advanced Squad Leader Hall of Fame

THIS. VASL is an extremely important part of the ASL hobby, and Rodney is the guy who introduced it to the world...and in the spirit of Nikolai Tesla, has given it to the masses, without recompense. Many have aided to build on it, but his contribution/oversight from the beginning is key.
  10. FourDeuceMF

2022 St Louis ASL Tourney July 29-31.

I'll unleash him on some other unsuspecting victim instead. 😜 Still no guarantee that I won't go down in flames on my first round...been quite a while since I've played, and rusty (I believe that the last ASL Travis & I played were the KGP I scenarios in December 2020...we had Bloody Red Beach...
  11. FourDeuceMF

2022 St Louis ASL Tourney July 29-31.

Hopefully, this year, Travis & I will be able to drive on down to participate. As the tournament begins on my birthday, it can be my 'present'...just hoping that my onerous travel itinerary won't have resumed by this time (if it ever does)... ;-)
  12. FourDeuceMF

The importance of Third Party Publishers and their impact upon the game.

I would also posit that one particular TPP originally had a positive effect on the game, however now is likely having an overall negative one...but that's a topic for another arena. "Motivation" matters, when it comes to TPPs. ;-)
  13. FourDeuceMF

The importance of Third Party Publishers and their impact upon the game.

That is correct...though Mark Neukom should always get top billing for Kinetic Energy Productions (which includes Time on Target) - even my early March Madness packs (97-98-99). ;-) Mark also did the artwork/layout for the ASLUG scenarios, for Fort.
  14. FourDeuceMF

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

Indeed, at that point, it's for more than just the eASLRB (and possible VASL), it becomes a more-universal 'laptop'...with that price tag...
  15. FourDeuceMF

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

Jim, I've got something similar (a 5-yr old, perhaps older) Surface 3...has the 'form' size of a tablet, but computing power/etc. Do you find that your Surface Go is capable of using VASL? I'd like to use the same laptop for both this as well as that (with an extra monitor/keyboard plugged...