Recent content by FlatPackFred

1. FlatPackFred

Representing Polish paratroops at Arnhem

My plan is to use British 6-4-8 counters to represent these troops. I was wondering about a SSR to amend the nationality characteristics. Possibly to allow cowering and increase broken morale. What do you think?
  2. FlatPackFred

Area target type

Thank you all for a clear answer to my question and an interesting side story on the the 107mm American mortar - the many authors and contributors to the ASLRB (plus the vehicle and ordnance notes) also get a wholehearted well done and thank you from me.
  3. FlatPackFred

Area target type

What is the rationale behind the increase in the Area target type to hit number from "7" for 1-6 range and 7-12 range to "8" at 13-18 range?
  4. FlatPackFred

Beserk after assault move

Thank you - we'll know for next time
  5. FlatPackFred

Beserk after assault move

Played Through the Narrow Passage today - first time playing on the FB map which is both rich in detail and visually attractive. I found the rules comprehensively explained and the effects of food shortages and ammunition shortages are pretty straight forward and logical. Given the nature of...
  6. FlatPackFred

Which rule do you want to change?

What a great set of ideas and I'm a little disappointed in myself that I hadn't thought of some of them. 3MF to move up hill into a building makes so much sense that I'm going to change my choice to that one and just grin and bear the special ammunition, As for deploying tanks ...
  7. FlatPackFred

Which rule do you want to change?

I love ASL, having played it as a teenager and then found it again in my early fifties. However there are a few rules that "get up my nose" so to speak. Probably the one that irritates me the most is rolling for special ammunition. If you roll low and get special ammunition you get to use the...
  8. FlatPackFred

Retain concealment after minimum move advance into close combat?

Thank you. I should have said Advance vs Difficult Terrain not Minimum move and thank you for the clear answer (even though it does seem a little odd). Now that there is one concealed squad with one unconcealed squad and leader entering close combat in a building would they be eligible for the...
  9. FlatPackFred

Retain concealment after minimum move advance into close combat?

Played Got Milk today - great scenario and a tonic from house to house fighting in Stalingrad (also the subject of a good article in Journal 7 - although note that RR SSR state that bore sighting is not applicable). One of my concealed squads advanced uphill, across barbed into close combat the...
  10. FlatPackFred

Hill level elevation

What a great project - I was just searching for help on slopes for upcoming Got Milk and found this. Thank you - please post some more pictures
  11. FlatPackFred

Crew CR while halftrack in motion

Thank you - really appreciate your help
  12. FlatPackFred

Brilliant thank you. What happens to passengers in a vehicle that is recalled? - presumably they leave with the vehicle!
  13. FlatPackFred

While playing Texas Flood on Sunday we had an instance of a mortar attack on a half-track in motion. The half-track was unaffected but the collateral attack on the crew and passengers resulted in a MC. The crew rolled a 12 and were casualty reduced and the squad broke. We eliminated the crew...