Recent content by FlatPackFred

1. FlatPackFred

Gunflashes and Bounding Fire

OK, so for the 'What-If' proposed above ... When the AFV fires, a Bounding Fire counter is placed on the AFV and a Gunflash counter is placed in its Location. Enemy units (all of which are outside NVR) could then fire at this Location before the AFV expends a further MP to move out of the...
  2. FlatPackFred

Gunflashes and Bounding Fire

Night scenario. In the Movement Phase an AFV makes a Bounding Fire attack and is marked with a Bounding Fire counter. The AFV then continues to move. All enemy units are beyond the NVR applicable to the AFV. What happens? If the Bounding Fire counter remains on the AFV then can it be fired at in...
  3. FlatPackFred

Opportunity fire guns?

I realise the rules don't allow guns to opportunity fire. My question is 'Why not?' as it seems a reasonable thing to do.
  4. FlatPackFred

Unpossessed support weapons

Your approach makes sense to me as I can't think of any situation when a 5/8" counter would come between an infantry unit and the SW it possesses. So it would be a case of parsing the 1/2" counters between any 5/8" counters and highlighting any hexes where there is a SW below the 1st infantry unit
  5. FlatPackFred

Feature to allow the mapboards to be rotated?

Hi, I'm on a roll. I am fortunate to have a rotating monitor - so in a way I can already do this. But being able to rotate the mapboards (through 90, 180 or 270 deg) on the playing screen (independently for each player) would be wonderful enhancement. I am assuming that the data model for the...
  6. FlatPackFred

To be honest if it was me I would just write the code so that SW are associated with an infantry unit in the same way as in the rules. In other words the user wouldn't have to do anything. It would mean that the code would have to understand which counters are used to indicate separate locations...
  7. FlatPackFred

When I posted the original question I was just thinking of checking whether the bottom counter was a SW - quick and dirty. A slightly better approach would be if a SW was beneath the first infantry counter in the stack. Still wouldn't work for all cases - 1st floor etc - but better. I do like...
  8. FlatPackFred

Wouldl it be possible to develop an extension that highlights unpossessed support weapons?
  9. FlatPackFred

Port & Stbd turreted tanks

An odd question, I was wondering whether the Russians are the only nationality that has AFVs with port and stbd turrets? (good nautical terms for 'land ships')
  10. FlatPackFred

StME 5-3-7 Sturm troops

Thank you all for this. Until now I had assumed that the "decoration" of a MMC's quality (E/1/2/G/C ) on the counter represented its "career path" (good and bad). Although now I actually look at the nationalities orders of battle and read the HOB rules I see that there are quite a few cases...
  11. FlatPackFred

StME 5-3-7 Sturm troops

I'm making space in my German counter tray to fit in the 5-3-7 Sturm MMCs (I think MMP should be fined each time they introduce new infantry units for well established nations - the stress and chaos that they cause across the ASL community as we try and make space in an already chock-a-block...
  12. FlatPackFred

Residual fp and Armoured Assault

Thank you. Just to check that I understand it correctly: an infantry unit moves one hex using armoured assault and is fired on (but not broken or pinned) leaving residual FP. lf the accompanying vehicle then moves off on its own and the infantry subsequently (in the same movement phase) tries...
  13. FlatPackFred

Residual fp and Armoured Assault

But is there an argument that when the infantry are initially fired on they have a +1 TEM. When the vehicle moves off they have 0 TEM. So why wouldn't the residual attack?
  14. FlatPackFred

Routing from on top of a foxhole in open ground

A10.5 implies that a broken unit above a foxhole in open ground would not be able to rout into the foxhole. Is that right?