Recent content by fenyan

1. fenyan

Music: what are you Listening to now?

I used to have Beatles Greatest Hits v.1 and v.2 on vinyl, but somehow haven't repurchased them on CD or mp3.
  2. fenyan

Victory Conditions: What's Your Flavor?

I used to think building control, no CVP, easy and straightforward, were the best kinds of scenarios. It's harder to make multi-VC conditions work and sometimes they don't add much to a scenario. But in the hands of a skilled designer and playtesters, I now think anything goes as far as VCs if...
  3. fenyan

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Our group also played some Twilight of the Reich this weekend. It is looking to have a lot of good scenarios. ASL 304 The Rat House This offering from Twilight of the Reich is set in Berlin 1945 and the French SS Charlemagne and other ad-hoc forces: 2 each of 658s, 548s, 447s, and 5...
  4. fenyan

MMP Roads to Rangoon AP#19 now on Preorder

You better include Captain Morgan as well, he might be affronted at being excluded.
  5. fenyan

Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Coincidentally this was recommended by my ASL opponent the other day during lunch, during our conversation about the Battlestar Galactica reboot.
  6. fenyan

WO49 "Bout of the Century"

I think the truck wrecks are another way to represent a +1 hindrance within the factory (often debris is used to portray this, but it's harder to move through debris). The truck wrecks remain on the board except when placed in a wooden building hex. Instead place a wooden rubble counter. This...
  7. fenyan

Military history book sources

One could try starting a History Book Club thread here but it would obviously need regular contributors.
  8. fenyan

Main section

Axis & Allies/Shogun had that giant box you could chuck your scads of d6s into. So much fun.
  9. fenyan

Military history book sources

I wish you could browse books online as if you were at the library looking at through the rows and stacks. Found a lot of interesting books that way.
  10. fenyan

Your favorite thread on Gamesquad

FOBA but it is no longer with us.
  11. fenyan

Message from MMP re: Dean Essig

My condolences to you Jim. My dad was a smoker too.
  12. fenyan

The A-Z of ASL and WWII

Jurassic Peiper, the Grumble Jones scenario that has the Velociraptor referenced above 🦕
  13. fenyan

Dispatch #57 was transmitted today.

Also excited for Carl's article on DTO and its sequel, and for the DTO scenario as well. Also looking forward to playing Pipkorn.
  14. fenyan

Raaco/Plano - ASL Storage

A thin piece of cardboard, such as found on the back of a yellow note pad, works great as well for padding the space under the lid of an assorter.
  15. fenyan

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

For those of you who have DB already, would you recommend Poland in Flames?