Recent content by Fairweather

1. F

Battle Cruiser Clash

Yep. I was expecting something to blow up, but I thought it would be British.
  2. F

Battle Cruiser Clash

Having narrowly missed the German Battle cruisers, contact was at last achieved on the 29th of January. The German light forces rapidly scurried out of the way, taking up positions 10000m on either flank. My own light forces were held in much closer, the destroyers at 3000m, the leader level...
  3. F

My Maiden Voyage with the Tsar's Navy

For a first attempt that is very impressive. Usually something russian dies (usually Pallada). I'm surprised Boyarin survived that torp hit, i thought one was enough to sink her. Happily though, even if Pallada is sunk there is still another two of the class left.
  4. F

Ufo

So the bermuda triangle has relocated to the Sea of Japan? Spooky. As long as the Avengers don't think its WW2.
  5. F

Boyarin Gone

I have a theory that Boyarin is an unlucky ship. She always seems to get sunk.
  6. F

The collected Despatches of VAdm Stark, IRuN

True, but Lyena was my favourite! As was Varyag, who was lost within days. Looking forward to an update.
  7. F

The collected Despatches of VAdm Stark, IRuN

Oh yes. How is your campaign going now? The only thing I would comment on is that I've found Japan's East Coast to be quite dangerous for AMCs. I regularly encounter Yakumo/ Adzumo, and the IJN PC Squadron shot up Lyena, and ultimatly sank her after a three day running fight. I hope you have...
  8. F

The Chitose Group Dies

Fair point. I've found that the Vlad cruisers are good for dealing with the chitose group, but then it takes time to transfer them. Either way works, it seems.
  9. F

The Chitose Group Dies

Poor Zabiyaka! Mind you, none of your damaged ships are important for raiding (I think). So, I'd say that the damage was well worth taking. Only thing, could the battleships not have been mixed, with one fast battleship and a slow battleship on each flank? Otherwise one flank is much weaker. And...
  10. F

Battle of the Bay

True. I was surprised that the detached force was unable to catch up though, as one of the Russians was down to 13 knots. With my limited ammo, I might have been able to sink one, but there you go. Role on the 2nd Pacific Fleet.
  11. F

Battle of the Bay

Here goes my first attempt at an AAR… Battle of the Bay With Port Arthur no longer being safe, I prepared to intercept the Pacific fleet, hopefully in daylight, in the Yellow Sea. However, despite several close encounters, I could never effectively engage the Russians. At dawn the...